Ibanez rg1527 vs Agile septor pro 727

• Thread starter Dcr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dcr

Reaction score
First of all, hello to everyone! :wavey: i'm new in the forum and i hope you could help me with a doubt i have about these guitars.

Actually, i own an ibanez rg1527 but i'm thinking in selling it in order to get some nice sevenstring with fixed bridge :yesway:. The reason of that is i'm tired of the floating trem of the ibby and i prefeer the easiness of the fixed. :noplease:

Also, there are two more reasons. First of them, GAS :lol: and second, i prefeer other sevenstrings rather than mine in therms of features. For example, i prefeer the 27" of the agile, the NTB, the woods... :hbang:

And here comes the doubt and the question...

Do you recommend me to sell the ibby in order to get the agile? I REALLY want to change of guitar BUT i dont want to get a worse instrument :rolleyes:

Definitively, i want to know if you think agile is better guitar than ibanez and why. (I have read lots of threads about ibanez and agile guitars but i have not find answer to this question)

Also, you can recommend me other guitars, i'm open for suggestions but in the margin of price of the agile.

Regards from spain :) (i apologize for the bad english :scratch: :()

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love the Agiles, but then again, I'm biased because I own an Interceptor. Everything you seem to prefer is good with me.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
HEY I HAVE THAT GUITAR!

its pretty awesome. Actually i have a RG1527 as well. :lol:

They are pretty different guitars. i don't know if i would replace one with the other.

EDIT

i just realized im the best guy to answer your question so ill at least try.

NO the agile is not a "better" guitar than the RG. the RG is built better. The agile isn't bad, but you can tell there was extra care taken with the RG. I personally like the sound of the stock Agile pickups a thousand times over the stock V77/v78 in the RG.

The 27" scale slightly affects bends for me, but im using the same strings gauge on both guitars. if i went down a gauge on the Agile i probably would alleviate that issue.

All in all, still totally different guitars, and i think you should evaluate what YOU NEED as a guitar player. IF you need a TOM and the longer scale, then go AGILE. if you need a tram and slightly finer fretwork, stick with the ibby.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OWNING BOTH! ;)

Dcr

Reaction score
Thanks both! :)

Customisbetter, in therms of sound quality, are the two guitars "at the same level"? What's about sustain, feel of neck, feel of fretboard and intonation?

I have a pair of d-activators here, so pickups are not a problem :metal:

Surely, i will end owning both and then i will decide... but i prefeer to be 100% sure what i'm doing before that :agreed:

PD: Any more opinions? :idea:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
The sound quality is the same level.

the neck has the same profile, but the agile is 1-3 millimeters thicker. The frets on the Agile are also 1 size smaller i believe. i will double check when i get home tonight.

Intonation was absolutely perfect out of the box, and teh fretboard is smooth. I did notice a bit of rubbing on the edge of the fretboard from when they did the fretwork. here is a pic...

it doesn't bug me as i like my Maple boards dirty. :)

IMG_0203.jpg

Dcr

Reaction score
Really thanks your help.

About fretwork, it looks good for me. I like when maple fretboards go dirty so that's not a problem :)

')