Ibanez RG2228 - my 8 for your 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
So I'm still not 100% about this but after having my RG8 for about a week, I've come to the (tentative) conclusion that it's an awesome guitar, but not really for me... It plays wonderfully, sounds great, is in tip-top shape cosmetically and functionally (just had the frets leveled, new push-pull volume knob, setup, whole 9). The action is truly stunning; unbelievably low even on the lowest string, which is a 68 (see last picture). I just keep being drawn back to my seven strings and I feel like perhaps someone else out there could put this guitar to better use. Of course, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I kept it :lol:

I'd be interested in trading it for a nice 7 string. I've been eying Carvin for quite some time now and I would consider a nice quality Carvin. That would probably be my first choice. Of course I'm a big fan of Ibanez and so something like a Prestige 7 string, UV or the like would also be considered. JP7 would be swesome. Also, perhaps the Schecter Loomis 7... not sure about that one (not a fan of Schecter necks, or EMGs) but I'd consider it because I like the scale length. Customs would also be considered. If the guitars being traded are of differing value, cash on either end is a possibility.

Anyhow...
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez RG2228 in perfect shape. Galaxy black color, maple-wenge 5 piece Wizard Prestige-8 neck, basswood body, 24 jumbo frets
Modifications (if any): Custom pickguard made by Pickguard Paradise in African Marble color. Bareknuckle Cold Sweat bridge pickup. Controls have been replaced by a single volume knob, which is a push-pull to coil split the Cold Sweat. DiMarzio ClipLock strap locks. Elixer Nanoweb strings (9-68)
Accessories (hardshell case etc): RG8 deluxe hardshell case
Location (City,State or City,Country): Chicago, IL
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM's are fine; I can also be reached by email at [my username] at uchicago.edu. Please identify who you are on the forums if you have an account.
References Required (eBay or other forum userid): thinkpad20 on Harmony Central (20+ transactions), transactions with zimbloth and Wi77iam here
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): This is technically for trades, but if someone wants to buy it outright I would ask for $1400 +shipping. Lower 48 only.
Pictures:

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

back1.jpg

bodyside1.jpg

front1.jpg

pickguardcloseup.jpg

pickguardpickupcloseup.jpg

headstockfront.jpg

headstockback.jpg

action.jpg

More pictures here:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gu...anez-8-string-custom-w-bkp-and-pickguard.html

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.