Ibanez RG2228 Thread

Makelele

Reaction score
Ah great. Now I can start ranting about how guitars are so much more expensive in Europe. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
:lol: Now he says the US List price is down to $2000. That's a bit better.
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=583907&postcount=130

I originally saw this post:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=583440&postcount=116

That's awesome. Another post from jemsite:

That is the same list price for the RGA321, and they are 1449.99 street, so I guess it would be around there.

That's pretty reasonable. A bit out of my reach, but still pretty damn reasonable. I'm impressed with Ibanez :agreed:

Someday when they start going for $600-700 on ebay, I might just snap one up.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'l be getting one. I have seriously lusted after one for a while. I has what I wanted. Locking FIXED trem, simple dots, EMGs, 4+4 headstock in a dark grey/black colour :D

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The EMG 808s might also have something to do with the cost as they're a new pickup.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
And bloody good for Marten and the boys! They deserve the recognition, they've been at it long enough. :yesway:

I spoke to the Canadian distributer today, and I was quoted the MSRP at $2799 CDN. :eek: Of course I'll be getting it for much less, but still that is pretty steep. Should be about $2000 street. Thank Christ it comes with the J-Craft case as well. I also confirmed that mine is the official first Canadian order, and that I should have it in my hands by March, maybe even late Feb.
My immediate next call was to Conklin and snagged the last M8 bridge he had until about May.
I'm stoked...:yesway:
Awesome! :hbang:

iumentum

Reaction score
1499 USD settles the deal for me. I'm going to order one from the US in may.

TJV

Reaction score
Reaction score
since there is both an edge III on this one and the Xiphos I might suspect that they somehow upgraded it or that the bridge isnt that bad at all.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I have the money for one :woohoo:

I just have to try it, = i'm going to do my 8, so i will have 2.

I have to try it, maybe sounds like shit, or sounds very well, just have to listen to it.

I think that it's not going to detune, 'cause it' FX, but i want one with LoPro8 :metal:

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Basswood body?!!? WTF?! This is not what I expected, basswood is crap, too neutral for those EMG. It's going to sound totaly dead!

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
^ I don't think so Ishan.

Ibanez it's not going to sell a guitar that sounds like shit for that money, and - with 8 string.

I think that they did something strange with EMG products, and they pups make the guitar sound exellent.

Ishan you have to try it to have some sound opinions.

Reaction score
Do you think that it will be listed on Ikebe gakki anytime soon? Im pretty sure that it will be very cheap there compared to here in sweden or through Thomann.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
^ I don't think so Ishan.

Ibanez it's not going to sell a guitar that sounds like shit for that money, and - with 8 string.

I think that they did something strange with EMG products, and they pups make the guitar sound exellent.

Ishan you have to try it to have some sound opinions.

aren't they stock emg bass pups?

kruneh

Reaction score

I don´t think we should make to much out of sentences like that :squint:

I´m looking forward to more info and pics.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Basswood body?!!? WTF?! This is not what I expected, basswood is crap, too neutral for those EMG. It's going to sound totaly dead!
They've been prototyping this guitar for a while, so i'd expect they've chosen basswood for a reason. Now, to be honest, with EMG's you could use fucking balsa wood and it still sound like every other EMG equipped guitar. So I really don't think wood choice will make much difference. Besides, don't like it, then get a replacement body made for it. People, if you want one of these then I'd advise not waiting too long to make up your mind, as there may not be a large run of these.

')