Ibanez RG2228 Thread

Ryan

Reaction score
Some more sneaky sneaky from the Ibanez Forum:

2007-01-05_081717_RG8_Teaser.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score

Man i want a real pic of the guitar! maybe i have to ask for the catalog to my Ibanez dealer (and if you don't remember, cocaine dealer too, he said me that if i want i give you his mail, i_sell_cocaine@hotmail.com :lol:).

That guitar it's screaming "Frank... come from meeeeeee. im virgiiiin..... i want a reall man...... to touch meeeee".

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score

Is it really a sneak-peak if almost every guitar vendor has already put up a full-frontal shot of the guitar? :lol:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
^ But that pic give the guitar that "oh my fucking god, that's expensive, i want it"

that's what you feel when you see it. That was i feel when i see it.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken
That and i think old UV's are leaps and bounds better than new UVs... playability mostly, but all around.

Right you are! And that's why I'm selling my newer UV777bk to help fund this new 8 string beastie - my old and wonderfully worn 91 green dot UV7bk is going nowhere. I absolutely love that guitar as it is, it's one of the very few that I haven't modded in some way.
Um, ok back on topic...
Yeah, it looks more like a EMG ad to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Is it really a sneak-peak if almost every guitar vendor has already put up a full-frontal shot of the guitar? :lol:

And they're aware of it too. It's kind of a redundant 'asleep at the switch' moment, isn't it? :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually agree with you guys too. I think newer UVs play outstanding too, but theres something about those old green dots that go that extra mile. I really want to play the RG8, but I don't think I could ever justify spending a big chunk of money on it when I just know I'll never have a practical use for it. But if I ever saw one in the store I'd definitely flip out to play one.

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
just got an answer from Thomann: they dont know what scale it will be :(

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That and i think old UV's are leaps and bounds better than new UVs... playability mostly, but all around.

I agree. Both my UVs are they best playing and sounding guitars i've ever played my whole 17 years of playing. The RGs are very nice and I can see Dave's point in the UV just being an RG with extra stuff but the older UVs are different, they are just all around better IMO. :agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. Both my UVs are they best playing and sounding guitars i've ever played my whole 17 years of playing. The RGs are very nice and I can see Dave's point in the UV just being an RG with extra stuff but the older UVs are different, they are just all around better IMO. :agreed:

Exactly. I've bought and sold enough shit in my 6 years of playing that if i would have, i could've saved and bought pretty much anything i wanted. and i have. and sold it. :lol: The UV7BK is the only guitar i've bought a second time, i love it that much.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Yeah I've heard the Ibanez/UV comments like that time and time again. A UV especially the UV7BK is not just an RG7620 with fancy bells and whistles. Still, I think the source of a lot of anti-Ibanez sentiment is how outrageously overpriced they are. As much as I love UVs and other high end Ibanez guitars, you have to admit the prices they go for new are a complete slap in the face.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
^ And they take it out of the list.

I think that they are waiting to have it there, because the people it's getting anoying with the questions (like me :D)

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
theyre releasing an eight string
but they cant release a seven string with a floyd and emgs (yes i know about the RG8327... im probably going to buy it if nothing better comes out this NAMM... still... thats J custom and not US)

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
Dont know if this has been posted before (i would read through a fifteen, twenty page forum, but 40?)

Meshuggah 8 im not so sure about (im watching a live vid now, theirs are much longer scale length and blank fretboards).
however this looks almost exactly like the Rusty Cooley eight string he has a picture of on his site- he is also endorsed by EMG so this would make sense.
however he dissed out Ibanez on the dean guitars signature video thing... but hes still endorsed
anyway, pictures
ibenaz8_2.jpg

ibenaz8_1.jpg

')