Ibanez RG2228 Thread

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard the Ibanez/UV comments like that time and time again. A UV especially the UV7BK is not just an RG7620 with fancy bells and whistles. Still, I think the source of a lot of anti-Ibanez sentiment is how outrageously overpriced they are. As much as I love UVs and other high end Ibanez guitars, you have to admit the prices they go for new are a complete slap in the face.

Having played several of the new UV's, besides sounding better due to better pickups, I don't see how it's better than an RG1527. The fit and finish appeared to be the same.

But the old ones are different, that I agree with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
mmm the sequenced runs should be cool... i notice that sequenced runs on seven strings tend to sound incomplete without taps... this eliminates that problem. of course after this people will start playing sequenced runs on nine string guitars and tapping on top.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The RG2228GK is in our system now.....our selling price is $1795 CDN.
Yea!

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
$1795?

Fuck that I say.

Then again, I don't think i'd ever buy a new guitar from a music store. Not without some under-the-table employee discount :D

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Not too shabby, I wonder how much Eric's gonna sell them for... :idea:

chris9

Reaction score
i,m gonna get one it looks really mean just playing the waiting game now!!!!

BrianCarroll

Reaction score
About the scale length :

Here's the RG8 next to an RG7XL (27" scale)
:rolleyes: Too short for a nice deep low F IMO...

Comp.jpg

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The angle of the photo's looks different, the 8 string doesn't look like it's pictured 100% head on like the XL. I think the scale could well be longer than 27".

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Brian is spot on. I did a comparison myself and frankly it could be as short as 26.5" but defninitely not longer than 27".

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dunno, I could be wrong but it just looks like the picture is taken looking slightly down. I spent a long time trying to decide if it was or not, but it you look to the left of the strap button you can see some of the side of the top horn on the 8 but you can't on the XL. I hope I'm wrong, I want a 27" 8 string as I know from experience with the Blackmachines that a 30" scale is too long for me to feel comfortable playing it.

BrianCarroll

Reaction score
No James, it's just because of the white binding...
Don't worry it's a 27" scale.

And it's TOO SHORT !!!:wallbash:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, but the scale of the pictures might be different. you could put a ukulele in there and say its either got a 28" scale or that the RG8 has a 4" scale.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Unless they've scaled up the body, the guitars look in proportion. I wouldn't worry about a 27" scale, I've got my RG7421XL in F# with a 70. Might up it to a 72 or 74 though as it's just a tad too loose for me.

')