Ibanez RG2228 Thread

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
We get it, you don't like Ibanez.

Either way, I don't think that's what he was talking about.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
felt cheap ...better 8 string i played at NAMM was the KXK...HOLYSHIT! that is a nice axe

Which one did you play? I'd be curious to know if he brought the fanned fret V8 to NAMM before destroying it.

V8_3.jpg

He said he was very displeased with the sound of the F#, because the 27" scale on that string was far too short to accurately reproduce the note.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope he didn't hide the seven string away somewhere. The thing played like a dream, and it deserved some hands on time.

MatthewK

Reaction score
I just put some moeny down on the Iby 8.. and people keep saying negative things about it.. :(

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
I just put some moeny down on the Iby 8.. and people keep saying negative things about it.. :(

:2c: Here's mine:

I trust the bands that have been using them have provided good feedback, I trust Ibanez (I've had MANY Ibbys over the past 9 years), and I put strong faith in the fact that it's also a Prestige model...and no self-respecting company would put their high-end name on it if it weren't a quality guitar.....so FUCK what everyone else says...let them have their opinions, they're certainly entitled to them.

if you're not sure, wait til you can play it, but as for my happy ass...I was first on the list for the production 8's, and I'll be god damned if I'm gonna turn back on that now. :fawk:

PS....lol...I almost dropped it for a Halo...:rofl:..but I still have faith in Ibanez...I think I'm honestly too set in my ways with that company, but I love 'em. The only axe I got right now that's not Ibby is my Cort KX1...all hereafter WILL be IBZ. And I don't care what people think about em...I always have and always will trust that company until they give me a reason not to.

NOW....I think I deserve an endorsement.....:lol:

EDIT: The reason I don't own more is because I had all 8 and my entire rig stolen from me in 2000...while I was at Disney World on vacation...:mad:

MatthewK

Reaction score
Yeah man, I've had a 7620 for a few years and I've never been so completely satisfied with a guitar. I played one of those Ibanez Mikro guitars today.. man, even that thing totally shreds!

Sometimes7

Reaction score
It's pretty expensive. I'm still thinking it over. I'd like to do the high A and keep the low B, because I'm used to a 7 with the low B.

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
_DSC8426.jpg

Look I used Ibanez for YEARS (infact fir 10 years straight) and back in the day they made killer shit now a days its questionable. If the stuff was still killer I would be on it. My issue with the 8 string it seemed the spacing between strings was a bit off. Also the guitar just felt cheap (trem,Body,Fretboard). That is my honest opinion.

Now KXK....

The 8 sounded good. I don't recall Rob saying anything bad about it. His 7 string strat like neck though was INCREDIBLE. His green 6 string had incredible tone.

Also Rusty'7 was surprisingly a great guitar aswell.

I spoke to Carvin they are slowly making some killer changes so that should be good (midi/piezo capability, Alternate body shape etc). The craftmanship of carvin still has everything esle beat hands done. The stuff they had at NAMM was UBERINCREDIBLE!

Todd Reith said he might make a 7....(could be VERY COOL!) his 6 strings where very nice.

Here was a wierd piece i saw in the dungeon realm downstairs at namm...
_DSC8430.jpg

Peace

Santiago

www.aghora.org

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that touch-style thing looks great! How was it tuned?

yeah very cool and at the end of the show they where selling them for 800$

It was killer little axe its 2 neck together. They had it tuned as if it was two standard guitars but they said you can have it anyway you like. Paul Masvidal freaked when he saw it with me!

IfI had the money I would have scored one for fun stuff. Seems like it could be really cool tool to develope tapping and also if you tuned one to an open chord.....RAGA CENTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:metal:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah very cool and at the end of the show they where selling them for 800$

It was killer little axe its 2 neck together. They had it tuned as if it was two standard guitars but they said you can have it anyway you like. Paul Masvidal freaked when he saw it with me!

IfI had the money I would have scored one for fun stuff. Seems like it could be really cool tool to develope tapping and also if you tuned one to an open chord.....RAGA CENTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:metal:

That would be great! Have one in DADGAD tuning and the other in D standard, and drone away!
Alternatively, tune the bottom one to A or B standard, and the other to standard one octave higher than that with Garry Goodman's strings!

$800 dollars doesn't sound bad, although as with so much fun stuff, it's still totally out of my wretched budget!

')