Ibanez RG2228 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys there is somewhere in your's countries sells 8 strings sets?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys there is somewhere in your's countries sells 8 strings sets?

Nope, typically people buy a six or seven string sets and use singles for the other strings. I'll be using an Elixir 10-52 six set with a 68 for the B and a bass 80 for the F# on my Halo Octavia.

Then again, with the Ibanez eight in production some manufacturer may start making eight string sets.

Reaction score
Then again, with the Ibanez eight in production some manufacturer may start making eight string sets.

Just like they did when 7 strings started becoming more popular. Pretty soon (depending on popularity) other guitar makers will make 8 strings (hopfully Schecter!)

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Any of you know a good place online to buy single strings? preferably DR coated or Elixir.

slake moth

AB-3500
Reaction score
Just like they did when 7 strings started becoming more popular. Pretty soon (depending on popularity) other guitar makers will make 8 strings (hopfully Schecter!)
Hellraiser C8 = :hbang: :shred: :hbang:
May it soon come to be.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Okay guys, Ibanez must be taking orders again. I went by my Guitar Center here in Tempe yesterday (May 1st, of course :cool:) as instructed and the RG2228 is now in the computer for ordering. One of the salesmen working there said he just ordered one for a friend and Ibanez said that said duder would get his as late as September... September?! :scream: Unbelievable... seriously, I'm guitarless (we'll if you don't count the acoustic and the bass ;)) and I don't want to wait until Septfuckingember. Mainly because I'm taking an extended vacation this summer at my family's camp (New Yorker for "house on a lake in the woods") for four or five months and I was hoping to set up a rig and do some writing and recording while I was doing my sabbatical thing. Doh... maybe I should just pick up a cheap 7-string for the time being. :rant: Anyone know if this is really how far the delivery dates for the new eight-stringer are pushed back?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wonder what Ragen's thinking. He bought his a while back.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine last December directly from the Canadian distributer, even before the 'offical' release at NAMM. I'm getting increasingly irritated as well.
Word I understand is something to the effect of demand outstripping the first run.
Enough teasing us and fucking about. Put the damn thing out already, Hoshino. :mad:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
A guy at Sam Ash told me that they would be shipping them out late September, early October. He called Ibanez as a customer and as a salesman and got two conflicting stories as far as what's up with them.

I suppose most musicians have a little higher level of patience than the average fellow, but when you've been waiting years to hear about something being released, it's easy to forget that these things are usually delayed beyond their initial timeframes.

If I had the money right now, I might have ordered one myself, but I have something much better in the works right now. ;)

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine last December directly from the Canadian distributer, even before the 'offical' release at NAMM. I'm getting increasingly irritated as well.
Word I understand is something to the effect of demand outstripping the first run.
Enough teasing us and fucking about. Put the damn thing out already, Hoshino. :mad:

When I ordered my UV777PBK in Jan of '98 it took 7 months to arrive. Keep in mind. California imports more guitars from overseas then ALL of Canada.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Ironically if this keeps getting pushed back, its not going to be a part of the 2007 product line at all.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score

I'm on the preorder list as well. :mad:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
The thing that really kills me about this, if the 8 string doesn't sell a certain amount in a certain amount of time, Ibaneez will probably pull it from production.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
When I ordered my UV777PBK in Jan of '98 it took 7 months to arrive. Keep in mind. California imports more guitars from overseas then ALL of Canada.

when i ordered mine in 2005 it took about a month.

')