Ibanez RG2228 Thread

JCNY

Reaction score
Mine was ordered in January. What I want to know is this..... Is September the delivery date for the May orders or for all orders ?

What is the actual reasoning behind it ? If you've heard it is problems regarding neck issues, warpage or whatever...state your source please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
What is the actual reasoning behind it ? If you've heard it is problems regarding neck issues, warpage or whatever...state your source please.

I don't have idea, but think that it's tuned in F#AD... and it's not in F#BE, so i don't know what it's going to happen when you try to tune up.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I don't have idea, but think that it's tuned in F#AD... and it's not in F#BE, so i don't know what it's going to happen when you try to tune up.

And why do you think it would be tuned like that? :squint:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
FYI - the RG2228 isn't in any '07 catalogues and isnt on any of the new pricelists (April '07) from Headstock for stock orders. I don't think it'll be out this year. :(

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
FYI - the RG2228 isn't in any '07 catalogues and isnt on any of the new pricelists (April '07) from Headstock for stock orders. I don't think it'll be out this year. :(

Wrong!!! :nono: I picked up an Ibanez guitar catalog (the half-size one) and a bass one as well, in in the RG Prestige section is the RG2228GK. :agreed:

JCNY

Reaction score

Its also on the website... :fever:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong!!! :nono: I picked up an Ibanez guitar catalog (the half-size one) and a bass one as well, in in the RG Prestige section is the RG2228GK. :agreed:

Well it isnt the Japanese catalogue or the UK one and it isn't on the pricelists for pre-order printed for April 2007 and can i point out, my friend, that ESP had a website that said that one of their guitars was made out of 'asswood'. Websites can be wrong. Products can be delayed.

Congratulations for at least checking these things out, but don't assume that what you see is the end of the story. :)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

Not to nit-pick, but you did say "any" and not "any non-USA catalogs." :usa: :scratch:

I'm also doubting it will be out in '07...maybe they are waiting to do an eight string in '08, but more likely, it's just poor timing. Probably couldn't get the parts made in time. I'm still really shocked that EMG is supposedly making a special pickup just for this guitar, since EMG doesn't really tend to go out of their way to make boutique pickups. :noplease:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Not to nit-pick, but you did say "any" and not "any non-USA catalogs." :usa: :scratch:

I'm also doubting it will be out in '07...maybe they are waiting to do an eight string in '08, but more likely, it's just poor timing. Probably couldn't get the parts made in time. I'm still really shocked that EMG is supposedly making a special pickup just for this guitar, since EMG doesn't really tend to go out of their way to make boutique pickups. :noplease:

hey dude! :wavey: not seen you in ages!

Well, when the RG2228 was released the guys from the EMG booth went over to the Ibanez booth to have a look at the new EMG808 they didn't even know they produced. :lol:

I would venture right now its just an EMG40DC. :lol:

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Can we get a FINAL (correct) date for the RG2228GK for delivery in Europe and/or America?

jtm45

Reaction score
Cool Mike:yesway:
That's the first production one i've ever seen!

Yeah,that was made back in March then:scratch:
What the hell they been doing with them all this time?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here ya go:cool: Note the manufacturing date on the pup.

Cool. By the way, I sent you a quote request via your website some time ago and have yet to recieve a response.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool. By the way, I sent you a quote request via your website some time ago and have yet to recieve a response.

We did have some issues with our inquiry form, but they're fixed. You might want to send Mike another message with spelling out the details again.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
:holy:

So it is real? And as of March? Hmm when I asked about EMG doing an eight string pup in March of '06 someone from EMG said that they had no plans on ever doing an eight string pickup. I'll have to see if I can dig up that old email. Maybe reply with a quote if I still have it somewhere. ;)

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
:holy:

So it is real? And as of March? Hmm when I asked about EMG doing an eight string pup in March of '06 someone from EMG said that they had no plans on ever doing an eight string pickup. I'll have to see if I can dig up that old email. Maybe reply with a quote if I still have it somewhere. ;)

I`m sure they initially had no plans on making 8 string pups, but when a large OEM like Ibanez approaches you for pups for an instrument that will be in production, that can change quickly.

In reality, there is no special tooling changes for EMG as they already were tooled for the shell and spacing. I`m sure most of the tweaking was needed in the preamp.

')