Ibanez RG2228 Thread

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
:lol:

So true.

I'm hoping it'll appear in a GC 'round hurr so I can play it. I doubt it would sell here, considering a lot of the employees still look at you weird when you mention a 7 string..

"Hello i'm searching for an Ibanez, a 7 strings Ibanez"
"What the f...?!"
"Yes, the model it's RG1527"
":scratch: Let's check..."
"Do you have it?"
"MMMMMMMM, no"
"Ok, so give me a 7 string set of strings"
"no, we don't have that, they only come on 7 string guitars"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I have actually heard that argument before.

What annoyas me is shops that consistently carry at least two sevens in their stock but DON'T have strings for them. :lol:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I have actually heard that argument before.

What annoyas me is shops that consistently carry at least two sevens in their stock but DON'T have strings for them. :lol:

It's difficult here to get string, and on the big shops!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score

I've never bought 7string pack of strings in the 3 years i've been playing 7 strings

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never bought 7string pack of strings in the 3 years i've been playing 7 strings
:agreed: I've never bought a 7-string pack in 17 years of 7-string playing.
Didn't realize they existed until recently, and I still wouldn't get them because I'd rather have an even-tension set. But if they're not available just get a 6-string pack and a single string of your choice.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: I've never bought a 7-string pack in 17 years of 7-string playing.
Didn't realize they existed until recently, and I still wouldn't get them because I'd rather have an even-tension set. But if they're not available just get a 6-string pack and a single string of your choice.

The thing that pisses me off about the 7 string sets is that they have some weak ass low B string in there. Its like, a 10-48 set with a 52 or 54 for a B. thats not even much different than your E string, and your tuning it down a 4th? Nah, i'll pass.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed:
Exactly!
The tension is all over the place on standard string sets. I don't understand why string companies don't seem to take this into account :scratch:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Now i like the 0.10s and a 60 for the low B, the tension it's very nice.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Using science in designing strings is like taboo. Not long ago, classical players scoffed at the idea of using anything but gut.

Just think of how difficult it would be to find a prepackaged eight string set? Makes you wonder what they'd throw in for a low F#... a .058"? :p

D

Desecrated

Using science in designing strings is like taboo. Not long ago, classical players scoffed at the idea of using anything but gut.

Just think of how difficult it would be to find a prepackaged eight string set? Makes you wonder what they'd throw in for a low F#... a .058"? :p

:lol: :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Guys, this guitar isn't coming out for a loooooooong time. Don't believe what any websites are telling you.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Got a call from our distributer today, and he tells me he sees the RG2228 listed on the master shipping manifest for the next batch of incoming guitars from Japan --> 2nd week of July. Mine's #1. Better fucking be. :rolleyes:

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Got a call from our distributer today, and he tells me he sees the RG2228 listed on the master shipping manifest for the next batch of incoming guitars from Japan --> 2nd week of July. Mine's #1. Better fucking be. :rolleyes:
Sweet! The time is near!!
I'm not even getting one but I'm excited to see how you guys like them.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off about the 7 string sets is that they have some weak ass low B string in there. Its like, a 10-48 set with a 52 or 54 for a B. thats not even much different than your E string, and your tuning it down a 4th? Nah, i'll pass.

D'Addario have a 10-46-59 set, which happens to be what I use, I think that one's pretty good.

')