Ibanez RG2228 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah pretty sure ive had one on order for 2 months. Now i have to wait another fucking 3? I really hope its just the preorders that sold out and they took the date off until the next shipment, BUUTTTT all the websites have no dates now, am im pretty sure they all didnt sell out at the same time...lol

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, i emailed some places and they still said the 21st they are getting them in. I HOPE they are right but idk why they took that shit off

All hail the Gnome

Reaction score
I have had one on order since June 31, and the only reason I'm willing to wait that long and not purchase one elsewhere is because I got a sweet price on it. I've been bugging the piss out of my dealer to squeeze some info out of Ibanez, and I finally got some, but it doesn't sound too promising. According to one of the Hoshino reps here in the US, a shipment has arrived in the States and is currently going through QC. Problem is, they have been failing, and the rep has said that Ibanez won't send out the ones that aren't failing one by one. They won't ship ANY out until they have enough that pass QC to fill ALL the orders they have so far. :scream: So the waiting game begins again...... :rolleyes:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you guys don't just buy the fucking things from DCGL. They've had them in stock since they were released. Top dealers like that get priority over just about everyone else. That's where I got mine.

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I would except atm, i dont have 1500 dollars and i rather just pay it monthly from AMS.

All hail the Gnome

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you guys don't just buy the fucking things from DCGL. They've had them in stock since they were released. Top dealers like that get priority over just about everyone else. That's where I got mine.

I have had one on order since June 31, and the only reason I'm willing to wait that long and not purchase one elsewhere is because I got a sweet price on it.

:D I'll wait if it means paying a couple hundred dollars less

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
zomg who will get the 1000th post?!?!

They now say backordered until Feb, gfg

All hail the Gnome

Reaction score
Guess my info was wrong, or someone pulled some strings or something, cause mine came in Thursday. This guitar is incredible! I can't say anything else that hasn't already been said, so I won't :D Hope the rest of you who are waiting don't have to wait much longer either!

Splees

splees
Reaction score
When will I get a turn? =[ Funny story, I was going to check out the MI school in October. I heard there was an eight string at the Hollywood GC, things were looking good. I had more than half the cash ready to go...... I didn't even make it on the plane. "IT'S TOO DANGEROUS TO FLY, YOU KNOW BECAUSE OF THE WILDFIREZ. LOL" So I never checked out the school and I never got to try out that 8 string babe. I've been sitting in my house ever since. My local dealer is too much of a pussy to order one. "AWH NO WAY MAN, NO ONE WILL BUY THAT THING. WE'LL JUST CONTINUE ORDERING SOME NICE SCHECTERS AND A LOT OF RG320S"

heavy7-665

Reaction score
When will I get a turn? =[ Funny story, I was going to check out the MI school in October. I heard there was an eight string at the Hollywood GC, things were looking good. I had more than half the cash ready to go...... I didn't even make it on the plane. "IT'S TOO DANGEROUS TO FLY, YOU KNOW BECAUSE OF THE WILDFIREZ. LOL" So I never checked out the school and I never got to try out that 8 string babe. I've been sitting in my house ever since. My local dealer is too much of a pussy to order one. "AWH NO WAY MAN, NO ONE WILL BUY THAT THING. WE'LL JUST CONTINUE ORDERING SOME NICE SCHECTERS AND A LOT OF RG320S"

That blows bro.:noplease:

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Believe it or not my local GC. They like me there and, despite all the horror stories, there are a couple employees there that go out of their way to make me a happy customer.

yeah man i wish we had a GC like that. All we have is exactly like the above poster: Order mass Shecters and Low grade Ibanez guitars. Oh and dont forget 5000 dollar Gibsons and Fenders!

All i know is AMS, the only place ill order one from, changes their date of arrival every fucking day and its getting annoying. It changed twice today wtf?! Either way there is a gun show coming up and i dont see this thing coming before the 19th, then im just going to build another rifle haha.

')