Ibanez RG2228 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Just saw a 2228 for sale at a Finnish messageboard, and decided to make an offer for it. I thought my offer was way too low, but the seller agreed! So hopefully I'm going to have a Rg2228 in a week or two. I haven't heard about my custom 8 for ages, so I'm quite lucky I noticed the Rg2228, as I want to start learning the extended range already. It'll either stay as a backup or be sold whenever I receive the custom.

Reaction score
Just saw a 2228 for sale at a Finnish messageboard, and decided to make an offer for it. I thought my offer was way too low, but the seller agreed! So hopefully I'm going to have a Rg2228 in a week or two. I haven't heard about my custom 8 for ages, so I'm quite lucky I noticed the Rg2228, as I want to start learning the extended range already. It'll either stay as a backup or be sold whenever I receive the custom.

Nice. Congrats on the new 8 man :hbang: I loved it when I played one at a Guitar Center here. I'm still undecided if I want to go the Less Expensive route and get the new Schecter HR8 or a LTD SC-608B, Hate the inlay on it though, or the Ibanez :wallbash:

tbird11

Reaction score
Bought my rg2228 on Ebay a month ago for $1400AUD. I'm really surprised at how damn good this thing is, the EMG 808's are really focused and tight, the action is nice and low and the neck is clean and fast. It's very comfortable to play seven or six string stuff and the lower strings do not get in the way at all. This guitar sounds brutal, I'm so stoked!

Just out of interest has anyone put different pickups in this guitar, (maybe lungren M8's or Blackouts) How did that work out?

Roon4me

Reaction score
You would think that having the new EdgeIII would be the selling point..... and it is. I can try all sorts of string gauges and string height with it. neck thru?....bah! overrated IMHO!:scratch: the mahogony would sound pretty though.:spock:

Attachments

• 5529_1.jpg
    5529_1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 55

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I've literally only just noticed the RG2228 headstock is the old Ibanez Iceman headstock.

Christ, took me long enough. I've had the damn guitar for months now. :lol:

RG2228
rg2228headstock.jpg

Iceman
30U-10377_headstock-front.jpg

I used to dislike the Rg2228 headstock but now it just got way cooler. I like it now and icemans just became awesome. :lol:

Reaction score
I've literally only just noticed the RG2228 headstock is the old Ibanez Iceman headstock.

Christ, took me long enough. I've had the damn guitar for months now. :lol:

RG2228
rg2228headstock.jpg

Iceman
30U-10377_headstock-front.jpg

I used to dislike the Rg2228 headstock but now it just got way cooler. I like it now and icemans just became awesome. :lol:

:lol: I noticed it about two weeks after I first saw it online :D

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
I just decided to sell mine, and apparently made a deal of it already. I hope I'm not going to regret it! I just couldn't get along with the EMG's and the neck. I've always had issues with Ibanez necks, as I'm used to the thick and wide necks in classical guitars. The shape is nice but they're just way too thin.

I probably should've tried a thicker F# string first, but... whatever :lol:

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
The EMG's really let it down. But as a guitar to be built upon I think it's worth keeping! Sorry you decided to leave the club hehe. I don't use mine all the time (like I did when I first got it) but I'm so glad it's there when I need it.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Just put my Rg2228 for sale in the guitars for sale section, so if there's any European people here in need of a Rg2228, go check it out!

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
to be quite honest now that ive been playing the 2228 for a while i dont like it that much. the scale is too short even with a 75 on the f#. the emgs really suck (maybe because of the body wood im not sure). i absolutely HATE the bridge. i love floyds but i only put up with the hassle of all the complicated shit because its a damn good trem. this thing has all the pain in the ass of being a trem but it isnt a trem. i think im going to get another agile. probably have a custom 8 made by shamray later if this prs copy turns out good. anyway. point is. im very disappointed in the rg2228. the only plus is the rg body is comfortable. and the color is nice. even though it is the same color as everyone elses.

Våd Hamster

Reaction score
Arktan and I both believe the 2228 would benefit from a wilder paintjob. So, this was born:

RG2228.png

Hopefully he goes through with it. :evil:

Holy. Shit.

Definately an improvement from the black(boring) finish. Now if you'll fix the hardware and pickups as well... Oh, and the basswood. :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think you'll love it Allen, I have it setup sooo good and the Cold Sweat 8 wins hard :)

')