Ibanez RG2228 Thread

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I found the price of the 8 string on a european site. It works out at just under £1000. 1449 Euro's to be exact.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
i know, the new K7 is more expensive than the 8, oh dear oh dear, what a hard desicion i have to make :D

Ahole

Reaction score
I wish. Here in the US that comes out to about $1900. I don't know if that'll be the price here but I wouldn't be surprised.

That's not how it works, the Universe costs 1959EURO in europe, converted to dollars, thats about $2580, now, I'm pretty sure the Universe doesn't cost 2600 dollars in the US.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, I was just going from the currency convetor. :shrug: Either way, It's still over priced for what you get.
Hey even a meshuggah clone band is better than a korn clone band though right? ;)
At the end of the day meshuggahs music is a bit more technical than korn or limp bizkits music, and not everyone can understand it, or even listen to it.
So I dont think there will be as many meshuggah clone bands as some people are thinking, not compared to all the nu metal bands that all sounded the same and played 7s anyway
That's pretty much the same exact thing people said after Korn came out. You have to remember that back in the day when they first came out, Korn was waaaaaay different than anything else and were the underground scene. Sure, they weren't as technical but they were heavy and abrasive. And did Korn not contribute in a big way to the rise of the 7 string? Much like Meshuggah and the 8s. ;)
I'm sorry to say it but Meshuggah is the new Korn.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
And did Korn not contribute in a big way to the rise of the 7 string? Much like Meshuggah and the 8s. ;)
I'm sorry to say it but Meshuggah is the new Korn.

And bloody good for Marten and the boys! They deserve the recognition, they've been at it long enough. :yesway:

I spoke to the Canadian distributer today, and I was quoted the MSRP at $2799 CDN. :eek: Of course I'll be getting it for much less, but still that is pretty steep. Should be about $2000 street. Thank Christ it comes with the J-Craft case as well. I also confirmed that mine is the official first Canadian order, and that I should have it in my hands by March, maybe even late Feb.
My immediate next call was to Conklin and snagged the last M8 bridge he had until about May.
I'm stoked...:yesway:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap, it looks like a 27" scale to me...
IMO it's a little bit short for the low F (or even F#) string...

Quite frankly, I'm praying for 27" scale. I've tuned down to F# on a 25.5" before, and yeah it was rather floppy, but I'm more afraid of the other strings being next to unplayable than needing a larger guage for the lowest string.

Ryan

Reaction score
And bloody good for Marten and the boys! They deserve the recognition, they've been at it long enough. :yesway:

I spoke to the Canadian distributer today, and I was quoted the MSRP at $2799 CDN. :eek: Of course I'll be getting it for much less, but still that is pretty steep. Should be about $2000 street. Thank Christ it comes with the J-Craft case as well. I also confirmed that mine is the official first Canadian order, and that I should have it in my hands by March, maybe even late Feb.
My immediate next call was to Conklin and snagged the last M8 bridge he had until about May.

Dude!! Youre all set then. :metal: :metal:

I love it. I want one soo bad! It'll be a while before i can spend that kinda money on gear again though..

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dude!! Youre all set then. :metal: :metal:

I love it. I want one soo bad! It'll be a while before i can spend that kinda money on gear again though..

Yeah, I hear ya. I will probably wind up selling a couple of guitars to offset the cost of this. Well....maybe. :lol:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score

Duuuuude! I envy you so much :metal:

Dc Aln

The Quadrilateral
Reaction score
The thought of a production RG8 excites and scares me at the same time. Ibanez is capable of so much more than they've been doing for the past few years.

And I don't really like RGs. I'd prefer to see a neck-thru S8, but I don't own the company so... meh all over me.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
RGs.jpg

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wish. Here in the US that comes out to about $1900. I don't know if that'll be the price here but I wouldn't be surprised.
According to Rich over at Ibanez Rules.com, list price on this s.o.b. is $2500 so my guess about of about $1900 is about right for what it'll be out the door here in the US.

Makelele

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it was $1900. If you look at the prices we Europeans pay for other guitars, you'll see that a guitar usually costs a lot less in the USA.

Example: Ibanez RG1570

Musicians Friend: $749

Thomann.de (about the cheapest shop in Europe): 825€ (>$1000)

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
With a list price of $2500, that puts it at just a few $$$ more than a UV so... It doesn't suprise me at all that it's that much.

Makelele

Reaction score
It's just that the European price doesn't make any sense in that case.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
According to www.xe.com the 1449 euro price tag works out to almost exactly $1900usd so it seems to make sense to me. Which would be the price of a guitar with a list of $2500 over here. :shrug:

Makelele

Reaction score
According to www.xe.com the 1449 euro price tag works out to almost exactly $1900usd so it seems to make sense to me. Which would be the price of a guitar with a list of $2500 over here. :shrug:

The point I'm trying to make is that guitars are usually much more expensive in Europe. Look at the comparison I made a few posts up. Why would the RG8 suddenly be an exception to the rule and cost the same as in the US?

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I see your point and I am just going from what the list price of the RG8 is suppose to be. It is kind of odd. And well... that site souldn't really have the RG8 up yet so maybe their info is wrong? Rich could be wrong too but he seemed pretty sure of it.

')