Ibanez RG2EX2 Mods...Comin' Along

• Thread starter Debris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Debris

\m/ Shred-aholic \m/
Reaction score
So I had talked about doing some hardware replacement on my Ibanez RG2EX2 that I picked up for a whopping $40, and I just got done putting on most of the new hardware, and I must say...I think it looks killer!

It has a direct replacement Gold hardtail bridge, a Gold knob (I was going to go with all gold, but my girlfriend liked the one with the pearl insert on top), big Gold strap buttons, and Gold Grover Mini-Roto's.

I have a template for the pickguard coming in the mail, once I get it, I'll be having a pearloid guard cut for it, and likely a truss rod cover too.

Still need to order a gold jack plate, tiny gold truss rod cover screws, and since the black neck screw bushings are corroded, I may eventually replace those with Gold too. Not gonna screw with the string ferrules on the back...they are staying black.

Whatcha think?!

Will look better with the pickguard obviously...but just wanted to share how it was coming along.

Also, trying out the Cobalt Ernie Ball strings this time. I just put them on, so I can't say much about them, but first impressions are they aren't as "slick" as the normal Super Slinky's...they almost feel dry...but again, I JUST put them on...so I'll see how it goes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Looking classy as .... bro! That pick guard is just gonna set it off even better. Extremely nice :yesway:

The Griffinator

Reaction score
That looks awesome. Those cobalt strings are weird at first, but you'll get used to them really quick, I did at least. I love how they sound, and I can't tell the difference between them and regular strings any more, aside from the sound.

Berzerker

Reaction score
Nice. Same thing I want to do to mine. Single bridge PU, single volume with a custom pick guard.

Where you getting your pick guard from?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Looks good. I'd personally do without a pickguard, but I suppose if you're going single hum, that's the easiest way to go about it.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Nice! I have the RG3EX1 Koa top model and I want to do the same hardware upgrade. I already started with the gold covered Alnico Classic neck pup and so far so good but still a lot to acquire...

1240228_10153238954500174_106600111_n.jpg

EDIT: By the way, where did you order the hardware from and how much did you pay?

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
That's coming along nice!! I have always like white with gold. :yesway:

Latest posts

')