Ibanez RG550 Genesis...Anyone Else Excited?

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trem licking

Reaction score
Gonna have to agree to disagree. Thankfully, my ibanez quota has been met and they are all AANJ. my 2 cents are spent, so carry on my wayward sons

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
dude its not that bad... people still love the old 550s, jems, etc all have block heels

and the Ibanez block is still better than most block heels like strats/teles which is like 30% of all guitars on the market

it has never bothered or affected me, block or AANJ

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
The rg550 was the guitar that made me no longer care about aanj or neckthrough. I got the Rg550dx and it plays so well the neckjoint is an afterthought and doesn't bother me. However I wish they'd have made the genesis models aanj but that's just so I could slap the neck on a perle xiphos body.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Having owned both AANJ and the block heal, it does not matter. Both have stupid upper access. The AANJ feels nicer under the hands but that's about it. Physically the block heal doesn't limit playing in the upper register.

Supernaut

Reaction score
AANJ makes a massive difference when playing standing up for my hands, but the bolt is so, so much cooler.

Soulmate

Guitar owner
Reaction score
I have no issues with the heel joint, I rarely venture that high up the fretboard but I just wanted to say again that goddamn these guitars rock, especially with the bridge pickups swapped!

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
2B534089-3A8D-44DE-B525-DFA676507D82.jpeg
I still plan to change the stock pickups but honestly they don’t sound bad at all with my Mesa MkV:25

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Purple Neon Genesis models are the best new guitar to dollar ratio purchases out there.

Latest posts

')