Ibanez RG7321 or Shecter Omen 7 Satin (Djent)

Steelemiles

Reaction score
Im trying to purchase my first ever 7 string guitar. :hbang:
And I'm a very big lover of "Djent" bands like Periphery, Structures, VOLUMES etc. And I'm wondering which guitar would you guys recommend for me? I'm on a tight budget and my end price rang is about $475. I found a few guitars on eBay new and those are the Ibanez RG7321 and the Shecter Omen 7. Which would you guys recommend for me?

Thanks a lot guys
-Steele

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wait for a deal on a used Ibanez RG7420/7421 or RG7620/7621. If you keep looking, they can be found in your budget. :D

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
have you considered an RGD7421? Would make more sense than the RG7321, since it has a longer scale length (thats a godsent when your playing around in drop G# or deeper tuning)

Dimensionator

I Am Error
Reaction score
If you compare the Omen vs 7321, I have to say the Ibby trumps it. However, like has been said, wait for a deal on a 74-- or 76--.
I have a 7321 and I can say it's a great guitar, but you can find a good deal if you wait long enough.

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
The Ibanez beats the Schecter for the fact that Schecter's bolt-on heels are cumbersome. The rest is up to taste. A lot of people criticize Schecter necks as being excessively thick, which is simply not the case. They do, however, have a different profile from the Ibanez. Rather, I worry more about what's going on with my right hand when looking between the two brands. The 7321 has a flat top and a low-profile bridge, whereas the Omen is an arch top and has a TOM bridge. Depending on where you are coming from, that may be of some relevance to you.

I also encourage buying a used instrument. Pawn shops and local ads can be gainful if you do your research. My personal recommendation is to look into Schecter's Hellraiser and Blackjack series (or any other Schecter set neck/neck thru), Ibanez's 7620 and 7420 (as was mentioned above), but also the S7320. With a bit of persistence and luck, you can find some mid-range 7's floating around within your price range.

Steelemiles

Reaction score
The Ibanez beats the Schecter for the fact that Schecter's bolt-on heels are cumbersome. The rest is up to taste. A lot of people criticize Schecter necks as being excessively thick, which is simply not the case. They do, however, have a different profile from the Ibanez. Rather, I worry more about what's going on with my right hand when looking between the two brands. The 7321 has a flat top and a low-profile bridge, whereas the Omen is an arch top and has a TOM bridge. Depending on where you are coming from, that may be of some relevance to you.

I also encourage buying a used instrument. Pawn shops and local ads can be gainful if you do your research. My personal recommendation is to look into Schecter's Hellraiser and Blackjack series (or any other Schecter set neck/neck thru), Ibanez's 7620 and 7420 (as was mentioned above), but also the S7320. With a bit of persistence and luck, you can find some mid-range 7's floating around within your price range.

Thanks for given me wonderful advice.

Steelemiles

Reaction score
Aight so I have been looking these passed few weeks and finally found one in my price range. It is a 7321 but, its a new one. It just didnt past final inspection by Ibanez becuase of a minor cosmetic scratch. It is also sold by people who deal with guitars like a legit store. Does that sound good? Its price right now is $230 excluding tax.

s4tch

Reaction score
^Very nice, and you can still get a pair of decent pickups for your $475 if you don't like the factory pickups. Used DiMarzios cost about $50-60, I'd get a D-Sonic/Air Norton combo, they sound beautiful in basswood.