Ibanez Rg7321 vs Schecter Damien 7 VOTE!

• Thread starter Tordenguden
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Help me pick my new guitar

• Ibanez RG7321

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • Schecter Damien 7

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Hell yah, with the power of the NOK over the SEK you should take advantage of that M7 opportunity! Take some pics for us when you get that ;D

Ill do that =) Thanks for ur help. Er du svensk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Nej, men jag bodde i Sverige (Göteborg) för att min fru är ju svensk ;D
Vi flyttade tillbaks till USA eftersom jag måste plugga på engelska. Var nånstans bor du i Norge, Olso eller?

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Nej, men jag bodde i Sverige (Göteborg) för att min fru är ju svensk ;D
Vi flyttade tillbaks till USA eftersom jag måste plugga på engelska. Var nånstans bor du i Norge, Olso eller?

Hehe kult. Du skriver bra svensk ;) Nei, ikke i oslo, noen mil utenfor, i granskogen :p Göteborg ja, der har jeg vært mange ganger, et bra musikk miljø der. Lyttet til musikken din på myspace, veldig bra.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I tested the RG 7321, its good, but those pickups mix all the sounds, are really shiet, its a soun mess with that picks, if you hace little hand buy the ibanez, really thin neck.
Go to the shop and test both guitar, with the same amp, to listen the trully sound.

Tordenguden

Reaction score
skinhead said:
I tested the RG 7321, its good, but those pickups mix all the sounds, are really shiet, its a soun mess with that picks, if you hace little hand buy the ibanez, really thin neck.
Go to the shop and test both guitar, with the same amp, to listen the trully sound.

Hey.

Thanks for ur help. Cant test damien in norway, no stores have it. But ill go for the ibanez and swap the pups.

Ryan

Reaction score
Tordenguden said:
Hehe kult. Du skriver bra svensk ;) Nei, ikke i oslo, noen mil utenfor, i granskogen :p Göteborg ja, der har jeg vært mange ganger, et bra musikk miljø der. Lyttet til musikken din på myspace, veldig bra.

Tack du! Inget fel på skogen tycker jag. Helt vackert ;D
Jag gillade Gbg's 'musikliv' - trevilg manniskor oxå där borta. Har du din egen musik som jag får lyssna på?

Reaction score
I used to own a Damien 7, its a no-no for sure. But thats how I found out I was a 7 string guy because of the price.

But the neck started to twist and Schecter wouldnt answer any emails and would hang up on me when I called as soon as I said something about it.

RG7321 all the way.

Ryan

Reaction score
"LOL OMG, JIM!, Its the neck guy on line 2 agaiN!" -

"Just put himk on hold!! lol He'll give up after a while"

Reaction score
Ryan said:
"LOL OMG, JIM!, Its the neck guy on line 2 agaiN!" -

"Just put himk on hold!! lol He'll give up after a while"
I wouldnt doubt it for a second. :noplease:

:fawk: you schecter

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
Slap some new pick-ups in the 7321 and you've got a monster of a guitar, it completely overjustices it's price tag.

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Yes, will do :) Hehe maby ill start another thread, Witch pickups should i thhrow in my Ibanez rg7321?:p I want Lundgren M7, but they are expensive, and i cant afford it right now.

Ryan said:
Tack du! Inget fel på skogen tycker jag. Helt vackert ;D
Jag gillade Gbg's 'musikliv' - trevilg manniskor oxå där borta. Har du din egen musik som jag får lyssna på?

Har ingen hele sanger jeg har laget, bare div klipp...som jeg håper å sette sammen til låter hehe. =) Neinei, ingen feil på skogen...jeg elsker skogen selv, fjellene også.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I'd only buy the 7321 if you can play the very guitar you'll be buying. Indonesian quality control sucks. You either get one that's nice, or you get one that you can slip a credit card between the neck and pocket.

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Yea, i may have try the one i buy first, however...its cheaper to buy it over the internet...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
7321 over a damien.. if you're gonna get a schecter, get a Hellraiser, or a Blackjack instead. they're about 200$ More and about 5x the guitar.

Reaction score
i like the sound i get from my damien 7, even with the hzs. i voted for the 7321 because you have more pickup replacement options, and that guitar is definetly easier to play than the damien IMO.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I haven't voted in the poll because both guitars feel so different that it's not really a comparison that can be made based on features.

drshock

Street-good guy
Reaction score
I own a 7321 and play death metal. The neck isnt very wide at all, so you wont have to worry about the stretch, the pickups are good for stock(esp the neck pickup for some reason.) I have a seymour duncan invader in the bridge of mine and it sounds great. Its stays in tune very well when in standard, if you down tune onyl the low string has some trouble but not a major problem. However I will probaly sell it in the near future ONLY because I want a tremolo bridge.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Yo,
Well, honestly for death metal, I'd go for the Damien 7 because its got the extended scale neck, Grover tuners, The EMG HZ7 pickups sound better than the Ibanez AH7 ones, and Bats are more death metal than dots, haha. But I have 3 Ibanez 7s and have played the RG7321 before and its a really nice guitar for the price too, and I also play death metal. So really its up to you bro.

Latest posts

')