Ibanez Rg7321 vs Schecter Damien 7 VOTE!

• Thread starter Tordenguden
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Help me pick my new guitar

• Ibanez RG7321

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • Schecter Damien 7

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Hello.

Im playing death metal, witch of the two guitars are would be best? And looks the best :p The Ibanez Rg7321 or Schecter Damien 7?

Ibanez:
27059.jpg

Schecter:
157399.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
do you like active pickups and TOM? or passive and hardtail??

Me personally, I like passive, and Ibanez neck >>> Anything, so I would take the 7321

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
i had a damien 7 for a while. it sounded ok, but since those are EMG-HZ pups they sound like crap already. i have heard when you put the active versions that guitar is excellent.

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Hmm, however, ive only had emg 81 and 60 in a crappy guitar...it sounded so thin and lifless with them in it....it might have been the guitar, so i actually dont know...heh

concatenation

Reaction score
I´m also thinking about buying this ibanez rg7321 so opinions on it would awesome. (i know there are loads of treahs on aldready, but it´s sometimes hard to know if you are talking about the indo made or korea).

for the record im a rg1077xl owner but im so sick and tired of trems...

Adamh1331

RED.
Contributor
Reaction score
concatenation said:
I´m also thinking about buying this ibanez rg7321 so opinions on it would awesome. (i know there are loads of treahs on aldready, but it´s sometimes hard to know if you are talking about the indo made or korea).

for the record im a rg1077xl owner but im so sick and tired of trems...

RG7621 or RG7421 would be a better choice IMO since they are made in Japan

Tordenguden

Reaction score
I used to own a Rg7321 but i sold it to buy a jackson rr3, big misstake. I miss seven strings, and the ibanez neck...however, im adventerus and it would be fun to try something new.

concatenation

Reaction score
Adamh1331 said:
RG7621 or RG7421 would be a better choice IMO since they are made in Japan

The thing is..... I´ve got really bad experiences with buying stuff used.... so i want a new one.

And 421/621 barely exist in sweden:(

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I WOULD say go with the Schecter since Ibanez's quality has been hit and miss lately.

However, if you hate the pickups in the Damien then your only choice of replacment is the active EMG 707's.

Whereas in the Ibanez you could drop anything you want into it.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
The Ibby gets my vote.

The neck is faster, and just feels great. You know what to expect.
Both need a pickup change though.

god_puppet

Reaction score
I'd say go with the RG7321. Ive played both and liked the RG more. I really like the way mine plays, although mines gone through quite a few modifications the neck and body are the same and its very comfortable to play

Ryan

Reaction score
i think you might just be disapointed then (as the schecter is puke x 10²³ imo).. so, when you buy the ibanez, make sure you buy an Evo 7 with it on the same day lol

@Darcy - is that Al's domino? Thats sweet, with the piezos n stuff.

Tordenguden

Reaction score
Hehe, yea...ill go for the ibanez, ive made up my mind...i know that guitar, so i know what i get. But im thinking of swaping the pickups and put in Lundgren M7.

Ryan

Reaction score
Tordenguden said:
Hehe, yea...ill go for the ibanez, ive made up my mind...i know that guitar, so i know what i get. But im thinking of swaping the pickups and put in Lundgren M7.

Hell yah, with the power of the NOK over the SEK you should take advantage of that M7 opportunity! Take some pics for us when you get that ;D

')