Ibanez RG7620 + Fishman Fluence vs Agile Septor 727

• Thread starter Giorgi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am trying get my first 7 string guitar.

First option was used RGD71alms which has fanned frets, fishman fluence modern and nice looking aesthetics however it is made in indonesia and has slightly above price tag than my budget.

For that reason, I though about getting an used RG7620 (MIJ) for around 450$ and throwing Fishman fluences in it (230 - 250$).

Out of nowhere I found Agile Septor 727 with Seymor Ducans (I believe they are active so I wont be swapping them for fishmans) for about 450$ and it really caught my attention.

I have 0 experience with 7 strings and guitars above 250$. Please help me decide what option is the best for its price
about 750$ for RGD71alms
about 700$ for MIJ RG7620 + Fishman Fluence
or 450$ for Agile Septor ?

Thank you for your comments!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I will keep my eye on RG7620, but they seem to vanish from the Earth. I also like the Agile Septor but cannot find it anywhere

feilong29

Reaction score
RG7620, and even the stock pups can get the job done. I had an old RG7620 that I put a Seymour Duncan Pegasus/Sentient set in and it was a fantastic combo. Fishman pups are great, I love them in my 8 string. Good luck with a find bro!

bzhang9

Reaction score
Now fair market value for RG7620 is closer to 600-700, higher for certain finishes and condition, given prestige 7s are fetching closer to 1k

Anything <600 will sell instantly on a mass marketplace unless you find something local

Atefred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A rg7620 is rather different, it has a floating bridge, and a shorter scale length (25.5").
The agile is 27" scale, and the rgd 27 on the low string iirc. And fixed bridge. If you plan on tuning low, the 7620 is probably not the best option, even if it is potentially higher quality.
Fret condition may also no longer be great if it has been played a lot.
Long story short, make sure those specs and conditions are actually what you want before setting your mind on it.

xzacx

Reaction score
I'll take a one-piece neck 7620 with stock pickups over 90% of all 7s I've ever owned or played, regardless of price. There obviously aren't a ton of stock options from an aesthetic point of view, but if you're just looking for a good sounding and playing guitar, I can't think of a better option. Unless you love unnecessarily high tension or absolutely have to have the longer scale length, I wouldn't even consider the alternative. (I keep a 7620 in G# standard with an 11-56 set, and it's perfect for my tastes—although I probably wouldn't go much lower.) They do seem to be getting more expensive on the used market, but still far and away better than anything else at their current price point.

')