Ibanez RG7CSD1

• Thread starter VOL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VOL

Reaction score
hello!
What do your think about this guitar?
it'good?
and i can't understand,it bariton.or 25.5? (i need 25.5)
sorry.i speack english a little

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
it's a 25,5 there was a thread about one 7csd1 that had imprint with XL scale note on a headstock but that was some employ mistake and all those guitars have 25,5 scale lenght. I even contacted the original owner of that guitar to confirm that

only rgCSD2 was a baritone if we are talking about 7strings

VOL

Reaction score
thanks!
what you can tell about CSD-guitars?

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
"mark 7" has got a rg csd1 so you can talk to him and ask about review of this guitar.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
nikt said:
"mark 7" has got a rg csd1 so you can talk to him and ask about review of this guitar.
He should write a review! He's the only person I know that has one.

CLONE

Reaction score
I had 2 rg7csd1 a few years ago.
The both sounded really good and the neck was nice.
Thought it was a lot nicer then the rg7620 a nicer then a few of the universes that i had at the time.
One of em actually had the ibanez circle with XL marked on the neck although it didn´t was a baritone and that one had a much more comfortable neck then the other (which was nice as well).
baritonehuvud.jpg

Sold em both but regret i sold the one with XL on the neck a bit.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
CLONE: ??? You sold it to a guy in germany or You bought it from him or is this was 2 one with the XL stamp on the neck??

CLONE

Reaction score
I bought both of my csd1 direct from a store in Japan.
The XL i sold to a swedish friend (he posted the pic i used above on ibanezregister) and i think he then sold the XL to another Swede.
The other csd1 i sold in Sweden as well.
This was a few years ago (2002 maybe).

There is someone in germany with a XL marked cs1 aswell?

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
yes, he sold it year or a little more on ebay.de but I don't know for how long he had that guitar and where he bought it. maybe in sweden :D I think this was the same guitar. small world man.

I will try to find out if that was the same guitar and where he bought it if You want?? I know I had somewhere a nick name of the ebay user that bought it than ;) You will have to just sell me Your red Dino LACS for that ........

joking

skyclad

Reaction score
Just found second hand Ibanez RG-7 L.A. CSD-1 with minor scratches and some headstock dent. How much it might cost in 2023 (any fair price indication is very appreciated) ?

Thesius

Reaction score
Just found second hand Ibanez RG-7 L.A. CSD-1 with minor scratches and some headstock dent. How much it might cost in 2023 (any fair price indication is very appreciated) ?
Hella necrobump lol. Despite them being JCs they tend to sell quite low. I've seen a handful in Japan fail to sell past the 1k USD mark this year. They often sit on reverb overpriced forever

skyclad

Reaction score
Serial number F0034541, so it looks like Fujigen plant ( FujiGen Gakki in Nagano, made in 2000). Found this RG7-CSD-1 neck much more comfortable than any other Ibanez 7-string RG necks. Just a matter of personal comfort. SBB216-195 frets are also great.
1k USD is fine then fo r 2000 Fujigen L.A. Custom shop right?

Last edited:

Sebastian

Reaction score
I had 2 rg7csd1 a few years ago.
The both sounded really good and the neck was nice.
Thought it was a lot nicer then the rg7620 a nicer then a few of the universes that i had at the time.
One of em actually had the ibanez circle with XL marked on the neck although it didn´t was a baritone and that one had a much more comfortable neck then the other (which was nice as well).
baritonehuvud.jpg

Sold em both but regret i sold the one with XL on the neck a bit.

@CLONE Do you still think it was a lot nicer than a 7620? Any other life regrets?

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Hella necrobump lol. Despite them being JCs they tend to sell quite low. I've seen a handful in Japan fail to sell past the 1k USD mark this year. They often sit on reverb overpriced forever

This is true. I got lucky and recently just scored one used at roughly the price of how much a new Genesis RG550 goes around these parts. Reverb sellers are under the illusion that the LACS designed label jacks up the price higher than it really should. And of course Reverb being Reverb.

skyclad

Reaction score
@CLONE Do you still think it was a lot nicer than a 7620? Any other life regrets?
Custom neck of csd1 with SBB216-195 frets and selected rosewood is just awesome with no comparison with mass produced 7620. Way ahead. Deck is another thing, IMO on the same level with 7620.

')