Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Saw this posted on Jemsite. It seems that Ibanez has made another 8 string RG. $400.

Ibanez RG8 Electric Guitar (8-String)

I can't seem to find it anywhere except for a few internet stores. Ibanez seemed to forget to mention this one.

It's probably going to be crap, but I'd still take it over a lot of the competition!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr GriND

Reaction score
Photoshop is your friend ! Look at The nut and the warranty !!!???

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Whoa. If this is for real, I want one so I can mod the living crap out of it.

EDIT: Just checked the Ibanez website, and it's not there...

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Now just take that guitar....lose a string...and flip everything around to a lefty and we'll be all set....

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
I seriously hope this thread is Legit.

I will buy one, refinish in white (the joys of bolt on :wub: ) and then throw a covered Lundgren M8 in the bridge.
Will be awesome.

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
I seriously hope this thread is Legit.

I will buy one, refinish in white (the joys of bolt on :wub: ) and then throw a covered Lundgren M8 in the bridge.
Will be awesome.

No need for the refin. It says it comes I white. And I that's true, and the price is right on the website (I'm guessing £300-350 for the uk?), then I'm getting one. Ibanez without the double locking bridge? Yes please !

in-pursuit

Reaction score
would really like to see some pics of the white one. this is priced reasonably enough for me to seriously consider it as an option for a cheap 8 string to bash around on. the pickups are listed as IBZ-8N/B which are different to the RGA8 stock pickups, I wonder if they're any good and whether they're active or passive. I might shoot an email to the Australian Ibanez distributor to find out what the deal is with these. Hopefully the price over here isn't double the US price (it will be, but I can dream right? :D)

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
The most important thing is yet to be seen, will the white one have a matching headstock?

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Ibanez release RG2228 with actives.....
Eventually they get the message, people want passives....
People also want an afordable Ibby 8 without the double locking bridge...
Release said guitar, but with actives

Fucking what?

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Seems actually pretty good choice for those (me) who want to experiment with 8-string guitar within a reasonable budget. Thank god it has fixed bridge. If those Prestige 8s had problems with the bridge detaching then I would not even touch one of these. :eek:

')