Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I sort of want one because I want to try an 8 string but cheap guitars never jive well with me.

Reaction score
'bout fucking TIME someone made an inexpensive 8 string without a forearm-denting arch top. :yesway:

in-pursuit

Reaction score
I talked to one of the chaps from the company that brings the Ibanez stuff into Australia today and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about, said if it's not yet available in the states that we will probably have a >6 month wait before it's available here. not entirely unexpected, but still disappointing.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that AMS/zZounds jumped the gun and Ibanez was planning for an early next year release. Something around NAMM time.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
^You are probably right. Nov/Dec seemed like an odd time to debut a new model. Unless they were trying to cash in on Christmas sales. I don't remember any new gear in the past being released during that time though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^You are probably right. Nov/Dec seemed like an odd time to debut a new model. Unless they were trying to cash in on Christmas sales. I don't remember any new gear in the past being released during that time though.

Well, NAMM is in January so it's not too far off. It's usually around November and December that things are finalized and a lot of stuff actually ships out then.

In the past Ibanez has had a hard time getting everything out in time to be in stores around NAMM, perhaps they're trying to change that with earlier ship/release/stock dates.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Considering it's a cheap-ish model, I don't think the idea of trying to get it in for Christmas sales is anything less than completely plausible. This could be a really good way to make good cash out of the kids just getting into both Djent and Deathcore. Or out of their parents, more like.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I can't believe noone has done this (or they did and didn't post results)!

I PM'd Rich Harris on Jemsite.
If anyone knows, it's him.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agile puts out $400 8 string, gets 5 replies on thread.
Ibanez does it, and SSO flips their shit. :rolleyes:

It's nothing new for Agile, and if this RG8 is available internationally, unlike Agile, than the implications are great.

Plus, I remember when Agile 8-strings were $300 and came with a real Hipshot bridge and EMG. :lol:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
An Ibanez budget 8 is much more exciting than an Agile budget 8 imho.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
It's nothing new for Agile, and if this RG8 is available internationally, unlike Agile, than the implications are great.

Plus, I remember when Agile 8-strings were $300 and came with a real Hipshot bridge and EMG. :lol:

It's not like it was a bad decision on their part. Up the price to $800, make your own cheaper bridge and they probably get more sales now than ever before!

I bet this forum is the main reason that they're getting so popular. And Keith Merrow.

')