Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

chromaticdeath

Arpeggio Fom Hell
Reaction score
Doesn't look legit to me, looks a bit CGI to me

IBA%20RG8%20BK.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not like it was a bad decision on their part. Up the price to $800, make your own cheaper bridge and they probably get more sales now than ever before!

I bet this forum is the main reason that they're getting so popular. And Keith Merrow.

I'm not saying it was, it was a genius move on their part.

This forum is the reason the Intrepid exists, as our own Darren help to design it. The very first batches were made via pre-orders on this very forum.

I bought one of each of the original Pro and Standard models.

Doesn't look legit to me, looks a bit CGI to me

IBA%20RG8%20BK.jpg

All Ibanez stock photos are either CGI or significantly edited. All of them.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
This forum is the reason the Intrepid exists, as our own Darren help to design it. The very first batches were made via pre-orders on this very forum.

I bought one of each of the original Pro and Standard models.

That's pretty awesome. Didn't know that.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I believe this is a real thing that will be released, just look at the reaction already haha. Even I want one, I hope shops around here get them because cheaper guitars are ones I REALLY like to try before I buy. If I buy one though there will be a definite pickup swap and possibly a setup of some sort.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Somebody just asked about this RG8 on Ibanez' official FB page and they said they would officially release the details about it in November.

Also, is there anyway somebody can do mockup of what this would look like in white ?

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Somebody just asked about this RG8 on Ibanez' official FB page and they said they would officially release the details about it in November.

Also, is there anyway somebody can do mockup of what this would look like in white ?

Wonderful!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score

They have it on the Zzounds website, I'm pretty sure.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Damn... I'm almost certain I saw one. Maybe it was just a strong mental image... :shrug:

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
Would bang (out a couple of riffs on one of these to see if it agreed with me more than the RGA8 did).

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I still think they dropped the ball AGAIN with the emg sized pickups.

woder if this whole thing will change when EMG finally releases their passive sized 7 string pickups, and hopefully after that 8 string aswell

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Would bang (out a couple of riffs on one of these to see if it agreed with me more than the RGA8 did).

Yeah, hopefully so. I've owned 3 different 8 strings and out of all of them, the RGA8 just felt "dead". Hopefully this one will be a bit more resonant.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
I just really hope they don't fuck up and put a black headstock on the white one. Passive sized pickups would be great too but I wont hold my breath...

For an 8 string in the $399 range, I woułdnt count on a matching headstock, which would suck because I'm definitely thinking of getting the white one. Then again I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
For an 8 string in the $399 range, I woułdnt count on a matching headstock, which would suck because I'm definitely thinking of getting the white one. Then again I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

They match more $400 headstocks than they do $1400 headstocks :lol:

')