Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I love that a new guitar is announced and, like, the most repeated thought on it's existence is hate of music that hasn't even been produced yet. :rofl:

i don't understand how a single new 8 string is going to affect the amount of djonk

randy please make me understand

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hiroprotagonist

SUPPLIES!!!
Reaction score
Most likely the housings are all integrated, but you can buy EMG style pickup covers to put over your passives. Problem solved!

chromaticdeath

Arpeggio Fom Hell
Reaction score
I love that a new guitar is announced and, like, the most repeated thought on it's existence is hate of music that hasn't even been produced yet. :rofl:

I also like that everyone assumes that most people who play chug chug music can't afford to spend more than $400 on a guitar! Whats stopping these guys maxing out there credit cards on an M8M? Hell..... WHATS STOPPING ME!!!!!!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a video on the Ibanez website featuring the "RG8", looks a little different than what we have been seeing.

Ibanez guitars | Videos

That's not a 2012/2013 model RG8, that's an 8-string RG that was custom made for Ishan, and quite an old one at that. That was when Ibanez was really pushing the RG2228 around 2009. At the time, I don't even think they were considering a budget 8-string, let alone one actually just called the "RG8".

chromaticdeath

Arpeggio Fom Hell
Reaction score
That's not a 2012/2013 model RG8, that's an 8-string RG that was custom made for Ishan, and quite an old one at that. That was when Ibanez was really pushing the RG2228 around 2009. At the time, I don't even think they were considering a budget 8-string, let alone one actually just called the "RG8".

Hmm, i see :scratch:

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Oh hey, a picture of it in white!

IBA%20RG8%20WH.jpg

Fuck, the headstock is black. Dammit.

I'd still buy it, though. Either this or the RGA8QM, both'd get a set of white EMG 808xs thrown in them right away.

Jonisbrutal

Reaction score
I guess it does make sense in a way. Seeing as its a low budget eight string made to combat schecter, & ESP in the low price range erg category. Cause most of them don't have matching head stocks. Like the schecter Omen-8.

')