Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I guess I'm in that small group that prefers non-matching headstocks generally. :lol: I will most likely get this at some point.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Meh. Headstock is black. :squint:

Still getting it in white though.

Weren't a lot of the pics of the RG2228A also sporting a black headstock? I thought we saw someone on here with one that had a white headstock, though. I feel like I've seen both. What's up with that?

Hybrid138

Reaction score
white for me... guess I'll have a reason to try to do a refinish because of that headstock...

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I'm also taking the white/headstock refinish route. I just can't stand black guitars anymore!

Though with my DK2M, my RG7620 that will be refinished to white, my RGT3120 and DN500, I'll only have one black guitar :yesway:.

8track

Reaction score
stopped into my local music shop yesterday for strings and found out they are getting one in white, gave em my number for when it comes in.

it will be mine! :evil:

CM_X5

Reaction score
Not really liking the basswood body...but at that price it might be my first 8.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Huge difference between the basswood used in the high end guitar market and the stuff they use for these.

It's about 60/40 on the end of tonally "alive" to dull sounding cheaper Ibby's I have played. But the basswood used in the Jackson CS and EBMM shop is of a far higher grade.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I very seriously doubt that it's a "huge difference". Maybe a noticeable one, but I doubt that its huge. Either way with the axe-fx and digital amps, as well as real ones, you can eq a guitar to sound pretty much however you want. I've always felt wood affected feel much more than tone. :yesway:

')