Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Mostly from reading this forum actually...it's like there are only 3 options anyone uses.

Personally I put Lundgren pickups in every guitar I own.

Reaction score
Let me repeat myself:

I misread.

jack.gif

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
I never understood this idea that the basswood used by EBMM is somehow magically better. I love my JP7 as much as the next guy, but in no way does it sound significantly better than any of my other basswood guitars with similar pickups. The same goes for the Basswood bodied Suhrs I've had my hands on.

I have a 1527M that I could swear is basswoo but made out of real fish. It slays all sorts of shrubbery. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
What Pups is Stephan Carpenter using in his ESP 8's? I want to go for the tone they got on the new single "Leathers" from Koi No Yokan.

Reaction score
Seeing as I don't mind black guitars, Im going to get it in black and put white 808x's in there :)

Ibanez is going to sell a crazy amount of these.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
They definitely will. I'm thinking of putting a Deathbar/X-Bar combo in there, I've only heard good things from those pickups.

cgraci

Reaction score
that guitar is awesome! you can totally hook it up plus its string through. the hole locked bridge on my rg2228 is a pain in the ass! if i had a choice of guitars i would take that in a heart beat. The hole locking bridge is just another gimmick to sell something for more money. It only stays in tune for a little while. rg2228 is definately not worth all that money. Just my 2 cents

')