Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

namewithheld

I suck at guitar.
Reaction score
Fucking sweet... And cheap too. Like someone said above, perfect for a noob (like me) to try out extended range. Thanks for the pics.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
tbb did you plug it in?

I want one just for the modability... And the fact that I no longer have an 8... :(

EDIT: Thread read fail... Would you consider the stock pickups as usable as the Agile Cepheus pups or would you say they should be replaced immediately just like the stockers in the RGA8?

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
2zhikbc.jpg

33bo4m1.jpg

2sb3ogp.jpg

That E string is out of the nut...

Reaction score
RG8... 8 string floyd rose... = a lot of NGD's in the ERG section

tbb529

Reaction score
Would you consider the stock pickups as usable as the Agile Cepheus pups or would you say they should be replaced immediately just like the stockers in the RGA8?

I'd say they're infinitely more usable than the active pups that come in the RGA8, but most of you will probably want to switch them anyway. I think I'm gonna bring my laptop and interface to work Saturday and get some DI's done so you guys can really hear it.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say they're infinitely more usable than the active pups that come in the RGA8, but most of you will probably want to switch them anyway. I think I'm gonna bring my laptop and interface to work Saturday and get some DI's done so you guys can really hear it.

Stand up gentleman right here. You do that and you get more rep your way. :yesway:

Reaction score
Hmm.. better than the RGA8 stocks you say? I somehow doubt that they are worthy of being in a guitar, these are ibby pups we are dealing with, and lord knows why someone would want them is beyond me.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Do want! Little concerned about the F# ferrule though...

I was a bit concerned, until i remembered that if use Circle K strings, and i can just order a bass string instead of a guitar string, and it'll work. The guitar and bass strings are the same, but with different lengths and ball ends.

Latest posts

')