Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
I was a bit concerned, until i remembered that if use Circle K strings, and i can just order a bass string instead of a guitar string, and it'll work. The guitar and bass strings are the same, but with different lengths and ball ends.

Also, won't a guitar ball end work with a bass ferrule anyway?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
They should've just made all of the ferrules the same size. But shit man it's only 400 bucks and comes in white. You can't complain too much. There's no suck switch either.

Jarabowa

Reaction score
They should've just made all of the ferrules the same size. But shit man it's only 400 bucks and comes in white. You can't complain too much. There's no suck switch either.

Not sure why anybody sees this a negative, as a guitar ball end should fit in there just fine :scratch:. It just gives you more options.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Bass furrel?

That feature should be on EVERY 7+ string guitar.

Why do you guys see a negative here? It's on the back where noone can see it. And I'm sure that a normal guitar string will fit just fine in there without slipping through.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
That'd be a seriously stupid oversight if an internationally respected and sought after company designed a guitar that couldn't take guitar strings. It's probably there as a "just in case" Johnny Jim decides he wants to tune to Drop E0.

Reaction score
The bass ferrule is there for ultimate broootzzzzzz!

Now if the privileged ones can do a review....

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder how stable the neck will be if it doesn't have the rods? /:

It'll be plenty stable I'm sure. All the 8s I've own, regardless of builder, had perfectly stable necks without special reinforcement rods. That includes a first batch, pre-KTS RG2228.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember reading Adam (elysian) saying the agile 8's with only 1 trussrod usually ended up with some problems.

Nothing ever went wrong with either of my first batch Intrepids, and that was when I was living back in FL (swamp country).

Reaction score
Nothing ever went wrong with either of my first batch Intrepids, and that was when I was living back in FL (swamp country).

Yeah I have no experience, just parroting what he said. Did they state how many rods this will have? I know lots of 5/6 string basses only use one truss rod and they're fine.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
They should've added a guitar ferrule above the bass ferrule, going into the same tunnel. That way you could choose!

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
FUCK YES A VOLUTE!

6te4c4.jpg

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Something about Ibanez' 4+4 headstocks just doesn't sit well with me. It looks good from the back but I don't like the front. I also don't like Jackson's 3+3 so maybe I'm just crazy. :lol:

')