Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Why are people so in love with volutes? i have them on some of my guitars myself, but i don't really care much that they're there :lol:

I dunno actually...I just think they look cooler and my thumb feels a bit more comfortable towards the end of the neck if it's angled slightly. :lol:

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
IMG_1128.jpg

Okay, saving up now.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
shitsøn;3271144 said:
Not sure if anyone has asked that question yet, but how hard would it be to replace that stock bridge with a Hipshot?

The base plate looks pretty huge so you would probably have big screw holes showing. Unless you refinish it and fill them.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how the necks on these feel. As someone who never hated the shoulders on the Wizard II-7 and actually quite liked it as a whole, I can't imagine I'll be disappointed. I've only played the RGA8 and it felt pretty comfy to me so I hope this neck is similar.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
shitsøn;3271144 said:
Not sure if anyone has asked that question yet, but how hard would it be to replace that stock bridge with a Hipshot?

If the saddle widths are the same, you could just get Hipshot saddles.

Mordecai

Reaction score
That low F string bass string idea is awesome!, I'm thinking this might be my next investment.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
the white model looks rather nice, although wouldn't turn down the black model either. now if ibanez used a similar bridge/string through body setup on the RG2228 I would have a significantly lighter wallet. also, seeing as the RG8 is as low priced as it is .. it makes it a lot harder for me to justify an eight string guitar project I've had to put on the shelf due to college eating the funds to finish it.

now if I don't like 27" scale length necks then this project is saved. but if the scale length is something that's agreeable to my tastes then I'd be inclined to pick up a white one. maybe mod it slightly, depending on how I get on with the voice these pickups produce (some ibanez pickups are garbage, but I do like some of their stock ones; 6/7 string V's have been nothing but good to me). or maybe get some black body binding (painted)?

tbb529

Reaction score
Unfortunate news for those who wanted to hear me take some DI's, we've already sold the damn thing! I'm bummed, but totally stoked for the dude that got it! We have a few more on the way but by the time they get here you guys will probably all have yours...ah well.

joshuallen

Reaction score
the white model looks rather nice, although wouldn't turn down the black model either. now if ibanez used a similar bridge/string through body setup on the RG2228 I would have a significantly lighter wallet. also, seeing as the RG8 is as low priced as it is .. it makes it a lot harder for me to justify an eight string guitar project I've had to put on the shelf due to college eating the funds to finish it.

now if I don't like 27" scale length necks then this project is saved. but if the scale length is something that's agreeable to my tastes then I'd be inclined to pick up a white one. maybe mod it slightly, depending on how I get on with the voice these pickups produce (some ibanez pickups are garbage, but I do like some of their stock ones; 6/7 string V's have been nothing but good to me). or maybe get some black body binding (painted)?

I played a 27" sixer for a while, and that was tough. I couldn't imagine trying to play a 27" 8-string.

Latest posts

')