Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Dude I fucked the paint up on it badly too and I mentioned that in the ad, just make the title something like:

"***MUST SEE***AMAZING Ibanez 7 String!!!!***BEST VALUE!!!***

It works everytime without fail. Here is the ad I used for the guitar

*must see* MiJ Ibanez 7 String!!! *BEST Bang for buck!*

:lol:

I took ALL the paint off mine...

60322195_photobucket_49426_.jpg

Also carved the back of the lower horn... It's modded to hell.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Thats because nobody wants a schecter.

Haha, not for a jacked up price, and an attempt to justify it with a novel-length description about how awesome it is, with lots of caps and exclamation marks. I'm not going to assume you're just saying that Schecters are shit, since you had one up for sale and said it was a great playing guitar.

OT: I guess people are already starting to get these. I'm looking forward to some NGDs and clips!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ It's like those ppl that talk about how much a guitar is worth because of what it means to them and what songs they recorded on it (that no one ever heard)...

OT: I went to a local shop the other day and asked if I could preorder one. I'm still waiting to hear back and may just snag one from Zzounds or Same Day Music instead since I can pay as I play rather than lay away... Rhyming unintentionally ftw...

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score

facepalm66

The Master of Joints
Reaction score
The ibbys go all the way with resale in europe, especially the mid europe, since it's so difficult to get stuff in there.. The shipping costs 500$ and even more, and most of the time it's from USA, since you pesky americans have everything :D

I could probably sell an rga8, for example, which is a relatively low(er) - end guitar, for 800$ hands down, and even more.

Speaking of getting stuff is hard, i was at the local music shop, and i asked a seven string pack for Drop A tuning, they were looking at me like
---> :spock: , and they had to order a pack just for me. :agreed:
Long story short, this sucks..

Reaction score
I feel like mods to a guitar only add value if the buyer sees them as desirable. That being said, not every buyer wants the same thing. If the pickups would be swapped anyway or the mod of a bridge for example would need to be switched out, there is no true added "value" on the buyers end, therefore, they wouldn't be encouraged to pay more because it has that mod. Also, some mods are just pure shite anyway( some home-done finishes come to mind).

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw this in a Musicians Friend catalogue I got in the mail today along with a coupon for 15% off that expires December 31st. Hell yes.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
All the Prestige ibbies I've bought have been pretty cheap, went to look at french ebay, there's a 540€ RG1527, a 500€ S540, and a 700€ 1570.
The 1570 is still being sold new for 933 by thomann, I wouldn't consider it a good deal, especially if stock pickups are still in. Note that the next price new from the 1570 is the RGD2127 at a whopping 1K2.
For the reference I seem to remeber I paid my RG2610 like 400€.

svenlk

Reaction score
this is totally real, its in the december 2012 issure of musicians friend magazine, although its shown in white, ordering tomoro :)

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I sent a message to an Ibanez Australia Guitar page and they seemed clueless :lol:

Hopefully they inquire about it, i'm wanting to get a cheap 8 string before my strandberg spot comes up, and this could be a great little option, especially for Aus seeing as the rga8 is $1000. ($1350 at my local store, because 'straya)

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Who gives a shit about resale value? It's a $400 guitar.

If you're a gear whore and you're just going to get it, put $600 into mods then sell it next week, it's your own dumb ass fault that you just burnt it all.

If you're one of those people who will always worry about the resale value, don't get ANY Ibanez that you can't try out to make sure that you like it. Because no COMMON PRODUCTION MODEL Ibanez ever goes up in resale.

Reaction score
Who gives a shit about resale value? It's a $400 guitar.

If you're a gear whore and you're just going to get it, put $600 into mods then sell it next week, it's your own dumb ass fault that you just burnt it all.

If you're one of those people who will always worry about the resale value, don't get ANY Ibanez that you can't try out to make sure that you like it. Because no Ibanez ever goes up in resale.

The old ATD swirled ibanez stuff is definitely worth more now. Ive seen some reissues go for a lot of money too.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Alright, I should be more specific.

Models that aren't rare.

That clear things up?

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Its official. I'm excited for this. Consider my Schecter sold, because this thing is on my list of "guitars I need to have before my birthday".

I want a white one, since I've never actually owned a white guitar before.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Just bought one in white from zZ ... I'm stoked! I really hope the pickups are decent. Anyone have a clue to what they sound like yet?

')