Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
mØrtiis;3283813 said:
Well i just got an email from 8thstreet music telling me that the Ibanez cannot be shipped to a Canadian adress... Very sad! Do any of you guys know an online retailer that will ship to Canada?? I've tried Ebay.ca but it's a 200$ shipping cost...

Contact the seller and they will lower the shipping for you. Ebay was charging me 199 as well, but the shipper made an extra shipping option 100 at checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
I bought one in white... Let the pickguard games begin!

ian14892

Reaction score
Been lurking here for about 3 years. haven't ever had a 7 or 8 but I just ordered one of the white ones. Couldn't resist for $339.99! About to break into extended range guitar land!

AlexThorpe

Reaction score
I just ordered one because refinishing my RGA8 is taking longer than I thought. White, going to sand down the headstock and paint it white, black ibanez check logo, black pickguard and DA8's. I'll put some Lace bars in the RGA8. Can't wait!

JJones1989

Reaction score
My fiance just ordered the White RG8 for me but it doesnt ship til 12/10!! Oh well.... Should be a nice replacement to the H-338

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
Doh. The white one from Crazy Dave is on backorder right now. Shipping to Sweden would be $87.35 for USPS Priority Mail. Swedish custom rates are around 28% upon that.

Still a good price, due to low dollar exchange rates.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
From Oniduder's RG8 pickup swap thread...

Oniduder, will it take a .080 on the low string without routing?

no it need routed for the .080 to fit but i then backed down to a 72 i think, idk i'm still playing around with all the string gauges to see what's best for it, it's not me oni so idk what the fuck is goings ons

alphie

Reaction score
I emailed Thomann and it is like shitsøn said: RG8 coming to Europe possibly in the beginning of the next year.

"Dear Customer,

thank you for your request.

The item comes earliest at the beginning of the next year, but we don´t have the price or any delivery date.

with best regards,

David Wittig
Gitarrenabteilung
guitar department
"

FinnBehemoth

Riffery Index
Reaction score
I emailed Thomann and it is like shitsøn said: RG8 coming to Europe possibly in the beginning of the next year.

"Dear Customer,

thank you for your request.

The item comes earliest at the beginning of the next year, but we don´t have the price or any delivery date.

with best regards,

David Wittig
Gitarrenabteilung
guitar department
"

That's great news!

kris_jammage

Reaction score
Doh. The white one from Crazy Dave is on backorder right now. Shipping to Sweden would be $87.35 for USPS Priority Mail. Swedish custom rates are around 28% upon that.

Still a good price, due to low dollar exchange rates.

Yep I got the exact same quote from them to deliver to Ireland. Works out around 380 Euro without Irish custom rates, which is about 21%. As you said, still an awesome price!

epsylon

Reaction score
when you fellow Europeans will get one, let me know the final cost with taxes and all that crap included. Thanks!

Usually X $ (including shipping) = X euros (incl shipping and taxes).
For me (France), VAT is 19.6 and import tax is something like 3%. Some transporters (UPS :squint:) might add a small processing fee to that, but it's usually small.
With a euro exchanging for 1.20-1.25 dollars, the formula is pretty accurate.

mØrtiis

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to post again with this. Did anyone find an online seller that would ship the RG8 to a canadian address? I contacted AXEmusic, LAmusic and TOMLEEmusic... still waiting for an answer. Thanks!

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
mØrtiis;3287604 said:
Hey guys, sorry to post again with this. Did anyone find an online seller that would ship the RG8 to a canadian address? I contacted AXEmusic, LAmusic and TOMLEEmusic... still waiting for an answer. Thanks!

Alto Music ships to Canada. I'm bought mine only to find out after the fact (like usual) they're out of stock and they will have more the "second week of december". I'm hoping it'll be here before the holidays.

Wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask for one.

')