Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

requiemsoup

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I like how it feels. I think it also looks pretty cool. I just don't think it's worth the hassle- or the risk of the anchor screw/bushing popping out of the body. I like my string-through hipshot-style bridges. :yesway:

That's what really drew me away from them at first. Especially when I read that some 2228's had the same problem. Supposedly they fixed it with the 2011 RGA8's.
But I'm a fixed bridge type of dude too. The FX 8 bridges are an exception though :p

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
finally a bridge that makes sense for the eight string on an ibanez, i'm buying one soon as money falls out me bum bum :agreed:

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Ibanez.... You finally won me over.....

This is what I've been waiting for, no double locking BS, just a simple setup and 27" scale, damn I want one now.....

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Man, am I the only one who thinks that the FX Edge is the greatest invention since the Tremol-No (and sliced bread before that)?

I loved the fixed Lo-Pro on my old MTM1. But I have used an FX Edge III-8 before and it can be great if you're careful! But think about it. It's a fixed bridge with a locking nut and fine tuners that LOOKS and feels like a trem! It's perfect!

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, am I the only one who thinks that the FX Edge is the greatest invention since the Tremol-No (and sliced bread before that)?

I loved the fixed Lo-Pro on my old MTM1. But I have used an FX Edge III-8 before and it can be great if you're careful! But think about it. It's a fixed bridge with a locking nut and fine tuners that LOOKS and feels like a trem! It's perfect!
You're not the only one, I fucking love it too. I only wish Ibanez had a 7 string available with that bridge system.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Precisely what I have been thinking actually. As part of a full mod kit on a white RG8;
- Black Pickguard
- D-Activators
- Ghost system

My mockup was similar to this. W/B/W pickguard, D-Activator 8's, graphite saddles, graphite but, locking tuners (I forgot which ones fit in Ibanez's) and a DEEP cutaway on the lower horn and heel.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Are there any production RG2228 pickguards yet, anyway?

Guess no one's going to answer. I was hoping someone else would. I hate posting too much in one thread :lol:

But as of right now, there are a couple who will make custom ones. That's about it though. And the ones who are making them, are doing it for the original RG2228 and not the RG2228A.

')