Ibanez RG8. New Budget 8-string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cipe

Reaction score
I kinda hate all you guys who already have one :lol:
Where are the videos? Soundchecks? Unboxing recorded with a crappy cellphone? HQ pics??
POST THAT SHIT!!!
:)

I posted some pictures of mine on pg 23. This is my first 8, what kind of strings do you guys recommend for this guitar?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I only changed the 8th string... :shrug:

I have a 7 string pack and I think I'm gonna take the bottom 6 of that and put em on my 6er that needs some love. I'll save the 9 for a rainy day (I tend to break those from time to time). :lol:

nightflameauto

Reaction score
OK, I'm dead set on buying one of these in the next few weeks or so. A practical question for those that have them. What's a decent hard case that fits them? I'd assume there's a case available for them from Ibanez, but I'm not opposed to going off-brand so long as it fits. I don't do guitars without cases anymore.

Anybody have a recommendation?

Hybrid138

Reaction score
I posted some pictures of mine on pg 23. This is my first 8, what kind of strings do you guys recommend for this guitar?

You got some killer neck flame and rosewood on yours! Mine has no flame at all and average looking rosewood...

rty13ibz98

Reaction score
OK, I'm dead set on buying one of these in the next few weeks or so. A practical question for those that have them. What's a decent hard case that fits them? I'd assume there's a case available for them from Ibanez, but I'm not opposed to going off-brand so long as it fits. I don't do guitars without cases anymore.

Anybody have a recommendation?
a hardcase for a PBass.

rich

cipe

Reaction score
You got some killer neck flame and rosewood on yours! Mine has no flame at all and average looking rosewood...

Thanks! I was really surprised with the bit of flame on the neck and I absolutely love the rosewood they choose for this guitar. It has a similar richness to the fretboard on my js1200. I think that's kind of awesome :cool:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
So after having attempted to record these I realized they're a bit muddier than I initially noticed just jammin' in the room. They're still decent for noodling around, but if I'm going to record with this thing they have to go I think.

Chords are done on the bridge pup... First run is on the neck pup and the second is on the bridge. I apologize in advance for the slop...

SoundClick artist: Myoozik Bawxxx - I think I'll leave that up to the critics...?

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Played one at Guitar Center today!

Stayed in tune great (though I noticed that the tuners weren't very fine. You had to tune very slow to get accurate), sounded decent (lacked a bit of power and clarity but not horrible), finish was good, frets were leveled well, it played well, etc. Though the rosewood used for the fretboard was ugly. Nothing some black leather dye can't fix ;)

The neck, however, was WONDERFUL! Even better than the RGA8!

I'll definitely be getting one!

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Played one at Guitar Center today!

Nice! I looked online and it appears not a single GC in Florida has one in stock. These sales guys bitch about 7s and 8s not selling well, but it's because they never have any in the store!

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
dang...lots of rg8 ngd threads. anyways here's mine w/lots of photos & more to come.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...reakin-white-rg8-lots-o-pics.html#post3293313

:cool:

how the truss rod cover works...

DSCF5902.jpg

DSCF5903.jpg

kris_jammage

Reaction score
Just bought a black one form Crazy Daves Music on Ebay. Total was 388 Euro shipped to Ireland and it should be here by 17th of December!

Cant wait!

Majkel

Reaction score
Just got a reply from a Swedish music shop called Deluxe Music in Stockholm. They said they're getting the RG8 in jan/feb, and they're hoping for a price of about 5000 sek. That's $749 and only about 70 bucks less than what the RGA8 goes for...

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
Just got a reply from a Swedish music shop called Deluxe Music in Stockholm. They said they're getting the RG8 in jan/feb, and they're hoping for a price of about 5000 sek. That's $749 and only about 70 bucks less than what the RGA8 goes for...

Interesting!

Hybrid138

Reaction score
Now that the NGDs have come in... I wait for the pickup swap pics. A lot of people are talking about d-activators and lace pickups. Gonna be cool to see what people do (colors, pickup rings, pick guards, etc.)

Guitarwiz2k

Prog Metal /Jazz Fusion
Reaction score

Just catching up on some post here, and I figured I'd throw in a thought. I've got both RGA8's QM and BK... First week I got each, I gutted them, put new electronics and they play like a dream.

With that said... I compared the ones I have and this new one. If that store is going to only sell you for $70 difference. FIND A NEW STORE... they're taking your money. Big diffreences:

RGA8-Bk or QM (Arch top, locking hardware, mahogany body)
RG9-Bk or Wh (Flat top, standard bridge, no locking nut, "Basswood body")

Time to find an online retailer who will sell at a fair price...

Reaction score
The new Ibanez RG8 is awesome, just one drawback... only one truss rod! Does anyone know if this is going to cause a problem?

')