Ibanez Rg8 Pickguard template here!

KwameDude

Reaction score
I have yet to order an Rg8 but planning ahead I decided to go ahead and make a 1:1 template for a pickguard.

not able to see if this fits yet so download it print it out and let me know what you think and what needs to be changed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50147284/rg8pickguard.png

rg8pickguard.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KwameDude

Reaction score
got my black pearloid material coming, cant wait to finally make my pickguard ha

Ajb667

Reaction score
What did you use to mount it? I don't see any screw holes or anything.

lewis

Reaction score

I used the Single Pickup PDF that's floating around. Only issue was needing to widen the neckpocket to fit my guitar.

Where is this illusive single pickup RG8 pickguard template. ive looked everywhere. Unless you mean the OP but just left out the neck pickup hole?

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Where is this illusive single pickup RG8 pickguard template. ive looked everywhere. Unless you mean the OP but just left out the neck pickup hole?

Yeah... use the two-pickup template and don't cut the neck slot. :scratch:

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I want to say that someone reported in another thread that it required slight modification. Best thing is to print off the PDF and work with it on your specific guitar. :yesway:

lewis

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I want to say that someone reported in another thread that it required slight modification. Best thing is to print off the PDF and work with it on your specific guitar. :yesway:

Ok sweet thanks. Im sure that will be no problem. I will get my tech to do it for me anyhow thanks for the heads up :hbang:

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I did a single-pickup pickguard, I just used the normal one and didn't cut out the neck pickup, as stated above. Turned out fine with no other modifications. If I could do it again though, I'd make the bottom part (where the tone knob is) a bit lower though.

MwQUOWc.jpg

I made a thread with all the steps I took too
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...ckguard-my-rg8-went-better-than-expected.html

I made it with a bit of wiggle-room, so once it was cut out, I could position it correctly, so the bottom horn lined up right.

kenny ken

Reaction score
What's the best way to print this full size? Sorry if I'm digging up dead flesh so to speak...

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
What's the best way to print this full size? Sorry if I'm digging up dead flesh so to speak...

Open the file using Adobe Reader. It should auto size it and print to original size but if not you may have to change a setting.

In the print setup options you should see the title: Page Handling

Within that subcategory look for Page Scaling and select "none" to print the original filesize.

Some versions of Adobe also let you select the size in percentage, so if you see that anywhere choose 100%.

If I remember correctly Adobe will try and print this as a two pager (the template I used did anyway).
If it does you can select in the print options to show "cut marks", which prints little cross-hairs so you can line up the two pages and tape them accordingly.

Latest posts

')