Ibanez RG8527z J.Custom Black Onyx

• Thread starter Jefonyx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toxin

no, i don't drink vodka
Reaction score
How do you like PAF combo?
Thinking of changing my jcrg7-1's Air Norton/Tonezone to PAFs

Jefonyx

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
@Toxin, the PAF 7 are very clear sounding with a lot of trebbles. The thing is, on that guitar, the sound is made mainly by the wood selection because the sound of my PAF 7 absolutely kills the sound of the D-Activator loaded on my Lag Stephan Forte signature, that is absolutely not normal...

Daeniel

7string n00b!
Reaction score
Cool guitar, cool video and nice playing! Happy NGD! :)

By the way - I'm a big fan of PAF style pickups myself. Never had any problem getting a good metal tone, not to mention that they sound great also on cleans. Much more "elegant" than most of moder high-output pups.

Toxin

no, i don't drink vodka
Reaction score
Cool guitar, cool video and nice playing! Happy NGD! :)

By the way - I'm a big fan of PAF style pickups myself. Never had any problem getting a good metal tone, not to mention that they sound great also on cleans. Much more "elegant" than most of moder high-output pups.

Have you compared to Air Norton/Tonezone?
I have PRS Hollowbody as my main guitar and it has very low impedance Pus, so i'm PAFish guy i think. The question is...would it be better try duncan 59 combo on the same guitar or PAFs?
Not sure if i'm a fan of ceramics, but I start looking for a kinda dry sound. Not raw, but the sound without warm bottom. PAFs deliver?
Sorry for highjacking thread :metal:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you compared to Air Norton/Tonezone?
I have PRS Hollowbody as my main guitar and it has very low impedance Pus, so i'm PAFish guy i think. The question is...would it be better try duncan 59 combo on the same guitar or PAFs?
Not sure if i'm a fan of ceramics, but I start looking for a kinda dry sound. Not raw, but the sound without warm bottom. PAFs deliver?
Sorry for highjacking thread :metal:

Just a heads up, if you haven't played a Tone Zone 7, it's a VERY different sounding pickup compared to it's 6-string counterpart. I liked the TZ6 but the TZ7 was pretty meh, FWIW.

Latest posts

')