Ibanez RG9 Available

• Thread starter StinkyPat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
point is that virtually any instrument may be extended and used in various registers; it's merely a matter or the application and abilities of the composers frontal lobe.

This 1 million times.
Though, most of the bands using the extended ranges for chugga chugga and brootz often have unison guitar and basses, which becomes redundant imho.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I disagree, I think it can work well. I like the way Meshuggah does it; Fredrik, Marten, and Dick all tune the same way, but Dick handles the low and low med frequencies and Marten and Fredrik handle the mids and high end frequencies. Works perfectly.

Ever listened to Meshuggah with either the bass or guitar isolated? Either sounds thin or muffled. :lol:

ctgblue

finally got seven
Reaction score
then there's 10

septorelt1027ebcanatmahog5.jpg

Schizo Sapiens

Reaction score
I just listened to the After the Burial song.

I have mixed feelings about the C# tuning. This song just sounds like it's being played in a distorted bass, but it could be due to the production, not the tuning or the guitar itself.

A Wolf Among Ravens has strange bassy guitar sound. Try Neo Seoul , it has better low C# sound IMO.

AKan

Reaction score
static void Main() {
Console.WriteLine("A 28" scale does sound a bit short for a 9 string tuned in C#.");
}

But anyway, I would definitely want to try one out before spending that kind of money on a novel concept.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
I tune my prs to C# and it haves a 27.7 scale.. the 090 string is just perfect for that, it isn't to loose or anything so I can see a 28 scale work with that perfectly.

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
I want to see someone try out the RG9.You guys like low tension anyway,so scale length does not apply to most of you guys like it does to me.I like 26-27lbs of tension for my lowest strings.

Dayn

Reaction score
I might be able to live with the new bridge... still incredibly spoiled by my fixed Edge III though.

I've been using .090 on my RG2228 for C# (usually use it for E) and I've found it... a little loose, but I can move it up easily for C#. But it sounds fine to me. Honestly, with some of the chord phrasings I want to do, I'm not sure 28" will be feasible; it might be too long. 27" is pushing it for those stretches, but we'll see.

I still want the prestige version. Still no word on when it'll be released?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score

Koloss85

The Doomslayer
Reaction score
Ima have to give one of these a whirl. Definitely intrigued. Now if lundgren makes m9....

')