Ibanez RGR465m price check

• Thread starter dres_x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dres_x

Reaction score
I've got the chance to pick up a slightly used RGR465M for around $400. Since they weren't sold in the US and I can't really find out how much they were originally in Canada, what do you guys think about this price? Wondering if I should hold out for the RG3XXV instead haha...Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randomist

Reaction score
Wait for the RG3xxv. It'll cost you more, but the RGR 465 came with an Edge 3, which has found a new home in the GIO series since, and IMO is still sub-par even there.
The RGR465 still sells new for £400 ish here, with an RRP of £529 (about £100 more than the RG350MZ RRP). So the RRP for the UK is about £400 before VAT. I'd expect the RG3xxv to sell for around the same price as the S1xxv, but IMO the better trem will make it worthwhile.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Tough call.

There is the ever-so-slightly chance that Ibanez will change its plans on the RG2 and RG3, due to the leaks. I doubt it, however, it is still a possibility.

In the RGR465's favor, you can get it, and replace the tremolo (with a better unit) for roughly the same price as the RG3 is expected to be at.

dres_x

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!
One thing I'm wondering is if the neck/fretwork/overall workmanship of the anniversary models will be better than this one (since they're anniversary models). I don't go too crazy on the trem but I agree that finding a replacement shouldn't be too hard or too costly. Just still on the fence since it doesn't feel like 400 for a used one is a super great deal since a brand new RG3XXV could probably be had for 200 more.

Randomist

Reaction score
I doubt it. My RG350 is a LTD version, and the only real difference to other 350s available at the time is the maple fretboard (not available on Indo Ibbys then). Quality is otherwise identical to other 350's of the time give or take QC tolerances.

I forget how much we pay for parts etc here relative to the US, so the current 456 and new trem might well be worthwhile. I'd be looking at importing an Edge Pro from somewhere in Europe at around £200 with no chance of getting one used realistically. In short, I'll bow to the wisdom of Max, unless you have a MAJOR preference for the wizard III neck over wizard II.

dres_x

Reaction score
I think these came with wizard iii's. Didn't get the chance to try it out for myself yet though

Latest posts

')