Ibanez S series question

• Thread starter ckadaverr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ckadaverr

Mr. Chad
Reaction score
Only guitars I'll ever play again, FOREVAR.

Just wondering, because I don't have much time to research, are there specific japanese-only models I should consider?

formula: I live in Japan + Tons of guitar stores + Paycheck on the 4th= new Ibanez S series.

I've been to a few of the local shops, and the most expensive ibby was a 7 string for 68,000 yen which wasn't bad for the model (i forgot), but I'm done with 7 strings and decided to pick up a slim, fast 6 string. Tasukette onegai :scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
The only S I've ever played was an Ibanez S7320 and it was beautiful. Very thin body, comfortable neck. In fact if they had 24 frets I'd probably buy one. [joke]Start playing sevens again.[/joke] I guess I didn't answer your question, but if that S7320 is any indication, I'd imagine you could not go wrong with getting any specific one.

maccayoung

Reaction score
I have an s7320 and it's awesome. The ZR trem is where it's at!

It's a regular production model though not a Japanese one. I'd check this place out and see if they have any Japanese S models:

Ikebe 7s

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think any of the S-series guitars are currently MIJ. I would see if you can get a used one that is, because while the ZR rocks, the fit and finish of the older MIJ S guitars blow away the new ones.

The craftsmanship of the MIK guitars is great, but the S lost some of it's streamline from the switch.

Psychoface

SS.org Addict
Reaction score
Personally i like that RG series better just for the fact that the 1/4 jack is at the bottem out of site... S series have it RIGHT there and i just think it looks like shit! but thats just me :)

mat091285

Reaction score
HAHA at first i thought it looks like shit ... but when i saw it in front .. it was just not bad at all .. as the finishing of the guitar .. looks really in the high end .. like a prestige Ibanez .. and the neck just feels so great ... if my soul now was not stollen by the IBanez VBT700 .. i would have ended up with that ... or .. the RGR320EX ...

:metal:

Personally i like that RG series better just for the fact that the 1/4 jack is at the bottem out of site... S series have it RIGHT there and i just think it looks like shit! but thats just me :)

')