Ibanez S thread

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
P4040010.jpg

P4040007.jpg

Always regret selling this one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ape Factory

Reaction score
Brought the Bubinga into the studio at work today for some proper photos after getting her back together. MY2000 S1520NT, DiMarzio Breed pickups, solderless wiring system, ebony knobs, CTS brass pots (the good ones), brand new Edge Pro w/brass claw, noiseless springs, waiting for a brass block to arrive. Needs a bit of fret work but I had to get her back together before dropping it off at the luthier.
S1520NT-1.jpg

S1520-7.jpg

S1520-4.jpg

S1520-6.jpg

S1520-8.jpg

JamminJAP

Reaction score
Holy Fu#@* SH!&^#**%@ That looks amazing!!!!

I like the look of the white pickups! Was because of a reflection??

Need napkin now to clean up the drool...

Ape Factory

Reaction score
Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny. If you get the chance, could you take close ups of the pickup rings? I'd like to see how they're recessed vs. the stock 540. And if you pull the pickups, shoot the cavity too! Very nice buy, congrats.

Gregadethhh

Guitar Padawan
Reaction score
my S series is in no way as much of a looker as some of you guys S series but here's my '06 S470 with DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge:
I included my JS1200 (previous owner had put the chrome top EVOs in) since it's essentially a fat bodied S :)
674o68.jpg

rty13ibz98

Reaction score
Satriani's are in actuality slightly modified Radius models. The R series is no longer a production model, so many newer players to ibanez assume that the satriani's are an extension of the saber line.

Ape Factory

Reaction score
It's Monday, time for more photos! It's a S5EXY time! S5EX1. Haven't done much to this one yet, replaced the horrid stock pickups with S5470 Prestige pickups and the stock knobs with zebrawood knobs. Needs a setup which I'll do tonight. And yes, I know I forgot to put the 5-way switch tip back on. Doh! Didn't notice til I pulled it out of the bag at work today.

I really like the zebrawood top but it needs different neck inlays (or none at all with ebony fretboard). The MOP stuff is too busy. Thinking this would be a killer guitar with an S Prestige neck. If I could just find one that didn't cost as much as the entire guitar!

S5EX1-1.jpg

S5EX1-4.jpg

S5EX1-5.jpg

S5EX1-2.jpg

S5EX1-3.jpg

S5EX1-6.jpg

S5EX1-10.jpg

Ape Factory

Reaction score
Boring jade green S5470, 1993, AANJ, fitted with brass big block, noiseless springs, brass, screws. Stock everything else. Amazing shape for a guitar this old. Not mint due to wear on the metal parts and a small nick on one corner but otherwise she's very clean and the neck has zero wear.

93S540LTD11.jpg

93S540LTD.jpg

93S540LTD2.jpg

93S540LTD5.jpg

93S540LTD3.jpg

93S540LTD6.jpg

_W6G9368.jpg

The Griffinator

Reaction score
This thread needs more burl!

404 by The_Griffinator, on Flickr

Currently loaded with a Tom Anderson HO1+ in the bridge and HO1- in the neck. I had them lying around and finally got sick of the stock pickups so I threw them in there. They're amazing pickups, just a bit too vintage sounding for my taste. I'm really tempted to pick up an EMG JH set, the covers on them look like they would match the hardware colour perfectly.

')