Ibanez S thread

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
Not at school right now to take a more proper picture of mine, but here's mine

ibby.jpg

I'm GAS'ing CRUCIALLY for a fluorescent green 25th anniversary, getting one as soon as possible lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randomist

Reaction score
What's up with the custom made inlay?

I think they put that on some of the higher end models for a couple of years as a marketing ploy. They come up for sale sometimes as custom shop guitars, which they aren't, so maybe it worked.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
s5400_f.jpg

^ for sale on guitarcenter used online... do a search for "Ibanez S". $2k. Ibanez J Custom S5400NT. I guess it's an ultra rare guitar... I did a search about this guitar and found this:

"1997 Showcase model, the S5400NT is a rare J Custom with only 12 pieces made. AAAA burl mahogany top, Ebony board, Lo Pro Edge, Di Marzio Tone Zone, Blue Velvet and Air Norton pickups"

Just search for this item#: 107541609

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
So its pretty certain now that my next guitar will be an S of some sort... just so many damn choices.

The new 25th anniversary model is super appealing to me, but at the end of the day, I think I might go used so I can snag some MIJ goodness. :hbang:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
This thread is relevant to my interests!!

These are my Sabers:

tumblr_m3b5rw5HOl1r9ly9uo1_1280.png

I've had the S7420 for about 5 years, probably 6 I think actually, and I can't understand why I didn't buy a 6-string Saber before.

Seriously, anyone trying make a more ergonomic or elegant design might as well just quit. IMO it simply does not get better than the S-series.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Is there any easy way for one who lives in the US to acquire one of those new Premium S series?

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
^ That purple S is awesome of the highest order.

Metamurphic

Dimarzio CRUNK-Lab
Contributor
Reaction score
I was about to post a thread about the purple s7420 in the seven string guitars section but was called into work. I'll get that post up when i get home this evening. Keep an eye out.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Oh god that Purple S is amazing. I've always wanted a hardtail S7 SO BAD!

')