Ibanez S thread

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Without me scanning through 11 pages while at work... :ugh::ugh:

Is there an S Series with a reverse headstock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Is there an S Series with a reverse headstock?

nope.gif
Nope. Not in production models as far as I know anyway.

Buz McGrath had 2 LACS model Sabers with reverse headstocks (white and silverburst).

DSC02939.jpg

full.jpg

And Ken Susi had a natural finish one:

IMG_9429.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dammit, this thread is making me GAS for a Saber again. :lol:

Has anyone ever tried the EGEN8 or Iron Label? How are they?

Ape Factory

Reaction score
That was my Frank Gambale. I actually had it for sale for some time with no bites. Finally sold it on ebay. Was a GREAT guitar and I could get just stupid low action on it. Actually regret selling it but I was contemplating a pickup swap and it was all original. Didn't want to mess with the original components.

I still have an extra FGM400 neck actually. Brand new. Just never got around to selling it.

There's a 1999 quilt FGM on ebay right now but he's asking a good chunk of change for it.

Don Vito

Reaction score

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Anyone knows if covered pickups (SD, BKPs) will fit in an Ibanez S (particularly S5470) without any mods?

Kaickul

ΛTRΛMΞNTVM
Reaction score
IMG_80181111111.jpg

Just wanted to share my workhorse, a 2005 SA260fm that has been heavily modified, DiMarzio Cruisers on the neck and Darkstars on the bridge.

DarthV

Reaction score
Anyone knows if covered pickups (SD, BKPs) will fit in an Ibanez S (particularly S5470) without any mods?

Zimbloth @Axe Palace said that covered BKPs would be a tight fit for my s5470. Was going to buy a used covered nailbomb set, but I haven't heard from the seller in 3 weeks, so I'll probably go with a new uncovered set.

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
Here's my '99 Prestige S1520FB with a JS pickup configuration (DiMarzio PAF Pro at the neck and a FRED at the bridge). I really dig that Flamed Bubinga top, it has a very three-dimensional look to it.

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

142_4256.jpg

142_4245.jpg

Edit: Real Ibanez nerds will notice that the '99 version didn't come with a truss rod cover. This is a retrofit that I did. ;) Also the stainless steel nut lock pad screws and the Schaller strap pins are not original.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Here's my '99 Prestige S1520FB with a JS pickup configuration (DiMarzio PAF Pro at the neck and a FRED at the bridge). I really dig that Flamed Bubinga top, it has a very three-dimensional look to it.

Edit: Real Ibanez nerds will notice that the '99 version didn't come with a truss rod cover. This is a retrofit that I did. ;) Also the stainless steel nut lock pad screws and the Schaller strap pins are not original.
Sweet! I have a 00' S1520fb with a bkp painkiller in it and it absolutely rules. The top on mine is crazy as well.

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score

Is it just me or does the old prestige S series has thicker body than the early MIJ S series (S540, FGM)?

brownsounds

Reaction score
Buuump. Anyone here own a S2170FB? Found one for a great price and just wanted to know what your opinion of the guitar is? Thanks!

tedtan

Reaction score
^ It's a Japanese made Prestige S-Series, so of course its a good model. The real question is what kind of condition is that particular S2170FB in and, secondarily what is the price. If the price is good for the condition, grab it.

Also, for the record, please don't post multiple posts/threads about the same topic. Post once and give folks a chance to respond and then, if they don't respond, bump that same thread rather than posting a new one. You'll usually get better responses that way. With multiple posts/threads on the same topic, you'll usually get a backlash and neg rep from the community.

')