Ibanez S7320 Questions

• Thread starter scottro202
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Would YOU reccomend an Ibanez S7320?

• yes

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
well, in my quest for a 7 string to be graced by my hands, I have come upon the Ibanez s7320. I have heard conflicting opinions on them, and I have some questions

1. Most importantly, how's the trem? I've heard good and bad about them. Mainly, can they handle massive whammying? (like vai-esque stuff)
2. Can they, given the right pickups, do non-metal music? like blues or psychedelic rock?
3. will an EVH D-tund fit in it? (doubt it, but worth asking)
4. overall, are they made of good quality?

I know there's been threads regarding this subject enough to make a library out of em, but I wanted these specific quesitons answered.

Thanks!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
a dtunas only gonna fit an ofr man, nothing else
i rocked two air nortons in my 7320 for a hwile, did rock just great. The trem is amazing. Broderick has one on his lacs RGA iirc

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Any trem will get worn out quickly doing what vai does to them.

I haven't experienced one at length but I'm betting this trems no acception to the *if you take care of the trem it takes care of you* rule.

evh d-tuna wont but there is an ibanez version of it for the ZR I'm not sure where you get it though or its name I've only seen it once.

I wouldn't call anything any companys churning out these days quality but it'll hold up I'm sure.

A s7420 will be a better value and cost around the same if not less though.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Any trem will get worn out quickly doing what vai does to them.

I haven't experienced one at length but I'm betting this trems no acception to the *if you take care of the trem it takes care of you* rule.

evh d-tuna wont but there is an ibanez version of it for the ZR I'm not sure where you get it though or its name I've only seen it once.

I wouldn't call anything any companys churning out these days quality but it'll hold up I'm sure.

A s7420 will be a better value and cost around the same if not less though.

ok thanks. how much would a s7420 run used? and what are the differences in quality and specs between the 2 guitars?

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i snatched my s7420 flame maple for 400 and my s7420 black pearl for 300. both off craigslist. i like them more than the 2 s7320s i have played.they just seem to have a more solid feel. but i do like the s7320, dont get me wrong!:hbang::shred::hbang:

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
i snatched my s7420 flame maple for 400 and my s7420 black pearl for 300. both off craigslist. i like them more than the 2 s7320s i have played.they just seem to have a more solid feel. but i do like the s7320, dont get me wrong!:hbang::shred::hbang:

wow, those seem like some great deals you got!! seeing as how the s7320 costs $700 new

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
wow, those seem like some great deals you got!! seeing as how the s7320 costs $700 new

i originally wanted the s7320 having never played a s7420 but couldnt justify the 700.00 bux on a guitar to the olady lol.:rolleyes:

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
i originally wanted the s7320 having never played a s7420 but couldnt justify the 700.00 bux on a guitar to the olady lol.:rolleyes:

haha, thats one of the things I like/hate about being young, no "oladys" to justify purchases too. the thing I hate is very little money for purchases :lol:

AZ7

Hello World
Reaction score
I put my order in for one today. :yesway:
I went back to the store - played the floor model again, and loved it. I "Dimebag'd" :hbang: the hell out of it and it stayed in tune fine. :yesway:
I was concerned with the 25.5 scale, but I think it will be fine. I ordered a new one, cuz, i'm picky like that! :nuts:

start sucking dick for money

That's fucking brutal!!! :lol:

friday11

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have an other question about the s7320!!

I have one of this since maybe half a year and it's pretty cool. The only thing I am not satisfied with are the pick-ups!!!
Well, is it possible to install EMG in there??? I am not well versed in this shit, so...someone can help me? :)

I always think, that the slim body is a problem cause of the battery!?!

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
ok thanks. how much would a s7420 run used? and what are the differences in quality and specs between the 2 guitars?

Well you've already been given a taste of the price range xD

Old ibanez is simply better quality than new ibanez ESPECIALLY when it comes to an indo made guitar.

I know plenty of ibanez players that won't even touch an indo guitar because of the QC.

One main difference is the neck. On the 320 your going to get a fatter neck with wider shoulders and the wrong radius for the trem(400mm), on the 420 you get a thinner better shaped neck with the proper radius for the trem (430mm)

I don't really get why ibanez guitars depreciate considering how much better the old guitars are vs the new guitars. The old guitars easily kick the shit out of anything ibanez produces today unless your fond of bulky board-like necks.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
I've had my 7320 since January and I'd definitely recommend it. I managed to snag it on craigslist for $300 and it had an Evolution (bridge) and Air Norton (neck) installed. I can't vouch for the original pickups, but with the Dimarzios it sounds great. I don't use the trem much, but it feels pretty smooth and definitely stays in tune.

Shredder707707

Reaction score
hi everyone, I just got my new ibanez S7320
I think its a freakin killer, but I really want to change pickups

i was thinking in some dimarzio blaze/evos
or some duncan blackouts

please let me know which one you'd go for
:metal::yesway::shred::hbang:

Concr3t3

Under The Stone
Reaction score
hi everyone, I just got my new ibanez S7320
I think its a freakin killer, but I really want to change pickups

i was thinking in some dimarzio blaze/evos
or some duncan blackouts

please let me know which one you'd go for
:metal::yesway::shred::hbang:

I put an Evo7 in mine. BUT REMEMBER, do not use the set screws that come with the pickup; use the ones that come with the guitar or you'll be an idiot like me and drill straight through the back of your guitar. :wallbash:

The Evo7 gets the job done, but I think I'll be trying something else later this year. Not sure what though...something with short screws. :lol:

JohnBorn

Reaction score
Congrats on ur new s7320 mate. I have bought a used s7320 and its modded with a dimarzio liquidfire7 and crunchlab7, it sounds awesome!

')