Ibanez Six6FDFM Blue Space Burst

• Thread starter Uno Mas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Uno Mas

Greets With Fire
Reaction score
Has been a while since I have posted. Picked this up today. Extremely light and comfortable to play. Tuned to D Standard, very mid punchy, decent clarity. Coil tap sounds great with crunch tone. Guitar does rhythm and lead very well. So far tuning stability is pretty good, guitar has great set up. Switches and knob very solid and consistent. Wood has a few larger pores here and there and pin striping is a little inconsistent. Little divot on board and divot where neck meets the board closer to the head. Overall great looking guitar, you can never go wrong with a reverse head.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s2k9k

Reaction score
Nice dude. Been looking at the 7 version.

Philip N

Reaction score
I dunno.. the guitar looks gorgeous, but Ibanez hast this thing to give their guitars weird features.. Like, is that mini toggle the actual pickupselector? And what's up with that giant volume knob?

Nonetheless, HNGD dude!

HotKarl

Reaction score
I dunno.. the guitar looks gorgeous, but Ibanez hast this thing to give their guitars weird features.. Like, is that mini toggle the actual pickupselector? And what's up with that giant volume knob?

Nonetheless, HNGD dude!

The mini toggle is coil tap, and the larger toggle is pickup selector. :shred:

Philip N

Reaction score
The mini toggle is coil tap, and the larger toggle is pickup selector. :shred:

That's what I thought and what makes no sense to me.. Why not place the pickup selector where the mini toggle is?

Uno Mas

Greets With Fire
Reaction score
Yeah, it's kind of a weird layout. I am really happy with how sturdy the controls feel and I like the layout visually.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
That's what I thought and what makes no sense to me.. Why not place the pickup selector where the mini toggle is?

I understand what you mean but it feels fairly intuitive in hand to me. I also really like the volume knob. The pickups sound really good too, especially after how I felt kind of underwhelmed by the 7 string versions. Can't tell whether it's an actual tap or split though.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
because Ibanez logic :scratch:

Franticly looking for the like button.

This is such a thing. That seems to always be the thing with Ibanez, their ideas are good enough to make them massively successful, the foundation of the idea is great, but there's always something about it that leaves you scratching your head asking 'why, though?' :lol:

Then there are the times where the stars align and they hit it out of the park and eeeeevvvveryone knows those times, the Universes, the Jems, the 7620s, the RG2228s, the RGA121s, etc.

Uno Mas

Greets With Fire
Reaction score
Update: I have changed strings and the tuning to E flat and have put many hours into the guitar. Bridge pickup has great clarity when the gain is held back but sounds just a tad sterile. Neck pickup sounds a little tinny, would like it to be more warm. Tuning stability is still holding strong. Edge of body is really sharp, cuts into my arm. Extremely fast comfortable neck, though I imagine the guitar might feel a little small to bigger players.

')