Ibanez sr506 question

• Thread starter dobbinlecher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dobbinlecher

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I recently got the chance to play an Ibanez sr506 at a guitar center and without even plugging it into an amp I noticed that its tone was a lot more rich and vibrant than my Dean edge 5-string. It even had a better low B than the 35" scale Dean. My question is: do all sr506's sound this way or is it just something special about that one particular specimen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The SR506 is easily one of the best basses Ibanez has put out in terms of a solid, affordable, gig-ready instrument. While I have seen a few duds, for the most part they're all pretty well built and sound really good.

Though, as fun as it is to listen to the resonance without being plugged in, since you'll be plugging in it's always best to try all electric instruments out plugged in. I can't tell you how many times that those fantastic sounding guitars that I plucked on acoustically went on to sound like garbage through my rig.

Latest posts

')