ibanez sr885, should i buy it?

• Thread starter pablometal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pablometal

Reaction score
Hello guys, so i'm still looking for a good bas and a guy from my city is selling this bass guitar and i like, is made in japan but i'm pretty sure it's really old!! i record a lot of music since i work as a session musician (metal) and need a good bass. I was also thinking about getting a squier jazz bass! both basses (squier and sr885) cost the same, which one would you buy?

pics here
http://www.chilemusicos.net/comunidad/Thread-VENDO-Ibanez-SR885

https://www.fender.cl/squier-jazz-bassr-v-affinity-5-cuerdas-1345.html

thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
It's a '93 i think

Already modded for EMGs, best 5 string neck, Japanese....and if I understood correctly, ~$340 USD in local currency?

HELL YES.

Can't be beat for less than $1000-1500, far superior to any modern bass most stores will stock, even in big cities in rich countries. Next step is custom shop.

Adieu

Reaction score

TolerancEJ

Reaction score
I’ve owned an SR885 with a padauk top since 1992. It had been my main bass for 90% of my time playing actively. I always received compliments on it both for live performances and recordings.
Fls6A8h.jpg

Brutal08

Reaction score
Buy it now before i do! Price is good i own a sr800 and they are fantastic basses, the neck is fantastic and they sound great people sell them for dirt cheap usually and they outclass anything in the sub 1k range

Tuned

Reaction score
definitely the sr885, as long as you are comfortable with the narrow string spacing.

')