Ibanez TAM Owners Check In! - TAM10 / TAM100

• Thread starter MemphisHawk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Actually now that I am thinking about it, is there a site that can make me a clear pickguard for 8-string Ibanez? That would actually be an awesome way to cover up the holes.

I know there's a website or two that make pickguards for all sorts of guitars, I can't remember the name off-hand as I'm pretty buzzed while typing all of this out. I believe also if it's a model that isn't very mass-produced, you can send them your pickguard and they'll do it in whatever material, and I think clear plexi is one of them.

Though personally, the pickguard is really part of the look of that guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Though personally, the pickguard is really part of the look of that guitar.

I was thinking I could just change it with every other string change or something of the sort, just to mix it up. I know most people here are like me and can't leave 'well enough'' alone.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I was thinking I could just change it with every other string change or something of the sort, just to mix it up. I know most people here are like me and can't leave 'well enough'' alone.

*is actually working on trying to put a green pickguard on his TAM10*

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
So is there a 7 string version of the bridge on the TAM100 / M8M? I guess if there is, I am not sure of the nomenclature. I feel like I have seen one.

Johnny16142

Reaction score
My band was fortunate enough to open for Animals as Leaders. I spoke with their guitar tech and he was comparing my tam10 to tosins tam 100 and said they felt very similar. A few minor differences but he was impressed. Same electronics, same pickups, different bridge, different paint, babinga top on the neck. Pretty similar.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
That's interesting. Tosin has been touring with a TAM10 since they came out. Was he directly comparing yours?.. because I imagine he has been tooling on a TAM10 for a while now.

Dentom79

Reaction score

Please do so, I think it would look amazing, don't forget a matching see-through truss-rod cover though! :yesway:

Omura

Reaction score
For those wanting to have multiple pickguards to swap out when changing strings, I would seriously considers magnetically mounting the pickguards if you want to swap them that often, screwing in and out those little screws over and over will probably ruin the threading in the body over time, that or use small brass inserts for the screws that won't wear out.
Ps, not a TAM10/100 owner, TAM10 is the only 8 I'm interested in though, wallet is feeling light at the moment though :(

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys- the TAM100 has stainless steel frets right??

Reaction score
That's interesting. Tosin has been touring with a TAM10 since they came out. Was he directly comparing yours?.. because I imagine he has been tooling on a TAM10 for a while now.

Well it's not a TAM10 exactly. It's an LACS, but that's what they based it off of. Hell even Meshuggah doesn't use the production M8M. They use LACS as well.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I've been really interested into how this bad boy sounds, almost looks like it'll sound a lil tinny, and I would swap out those pickups immediately.

Direct opposite, maybe with the coil split you'll get close to a tinny sound. But a Wenge Neck + Basswood Body isn't the brightest wood combination out there.

Sounded really fat when I had mine, it was a gorgeous guitar and sounded awesome. I only wish it came in a 7 string variant, pretty much the reason why I ordered the Mayones Duvell Elite, to get that Wenge Neck on a 7 string.

The Ionizers aren't overly bright either, the coil splits give you the attack and sharpness you're referring too, which is nice to have but is also able to be turned off.

While I'm here :cool:

15544617625_df5aa2fa16_b.jpg

15520905576_0799bd25f3_b.jpg

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Nothing special here. Was just bored and browsing some 8-string guitars to kill time, and realized the TAM100/10 models are pretty sweet looking guitars (and not too shabby in the spec front either).

This thread needs more pics. :D

And out of curiosity, how's the low string intonation on the TAM10? It was one of the main reasons I got rid of my RG8, it was too much of a hassle to get that low F intonate correctly with the bridge it has.

(The other reason being that I didn't really use the 2 lowest strings, I still got too much stuff to learn on the first 6... :lol:)

')