Ibanez trade for schecter(equip. pics)

• Thread starter dethFNmetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello everyone, i am new to the forum.

i am only 17 so my equipment is not top of the line but i think ive done pretty good. i have a berhinger half stack with a footswitch upgrade. and i play a special edition ibanez 6 string through it. also have a ton of effects and such.

one of my questions is, my ibanez i have i purchased for around 900 dollars. supposedly there are only like 800 ever made and 70 percent of those are not in the U.S. anymore. it has a pretty cool textured finish that isnt the cheap wrap around stuff and an air brushed pain job that appears to be some sort of bleeding skull.

anyways iw as contacted by a friend wishing to trade me a schecter Damian elite 7 for it. what do you guys think is this a fair trade? i love the Damian but cant help to feel its not very fair considering they sell new for between 5 and 6 hundred dollars. thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Google Image Result for http://www.avenue7.com/MakeThumbnail/400/400/ProductImages/GoodsPickedByShoppers/12984570287695269523ec3976-669e-4cfb-ba7e-23aa635ea21f%5BD%5Djpg

this is what the ibanez looks like, except i ahve upgraded the pickups to an emg 81 and 85. if you type into google ibanez rg320pg bloody skull special edition that is the exact guitar. i cant find much info on it the only places that seem to be selling them are foreign. one sold for like 400 pounds or something like that i have no idea how that translates to dollars. and thats without emg pickups.

Reaction score
017-5.jpg

016-3.jpg

019-4.jpg

018-5.jpg

you can see the upgraded emg's, even added a skull nob. 10 bucks haha. also have the half stack pictured there and in the background you can hopefully see my boss ME-25 and my vox hand wired wah along with the footswitch to the amp.

sorry for the monster can in the pic, my room is a bit cluttered lol.

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
A schecter damien elite goes from 320$ (used) to 630$ with fr brand new. Your ibanez with the EMG upgrade would have a value around 450$ to a maximum. It really depends on the specs of the damien. Does it have a floyd rose? If the damien is in mint condition with A floyd rose I'd say It's a good deal. You did get ripped of when you purchased your ibanez. 900 dollars is way overpriced for that guitar. I remember that model being sold in 2009 for 380 euros.

Reaction score
yeah thats what i suspected, the guitar was actually purchased by my father in 2002 i think. that was when we lived in Arlington. this actual guitar has actually been played by dimebag Darrel at a club in Arlington. i was told it was very rare, at least in the united states.

so other than that you believe it is a pretty fair trade?

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/msg/3185775271.html

this is the ad my friend put up before he asked me to trade.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
yeah thats what i suspected, the guitar was actually purchased by my father in 2002 i think. that was when we lived in Arlington. this actual guitar has actually been played by dimebag Darrel at a club in Arlington. i was told it was very rare, at least in the united states.

so other than that you believe it is a pretty fair trade?

TRADE/SELL Schecter Damian elite 7

this is the ad my friend put up before he asked me to trade.

If you want to try a seven I would say its a pretty fair trade. The damien he is selling is a nicer one with the EMG actives. I say go for it.

')