Ibanez Xiphos 7 string question

cafadeon

\m/(..)\m/
Reaction score
hey ppl, im looking for a new 7 string and i love the xipho's tho it kinda frustrates me that ;here ibanez make a guitar primed for metal... and then go and give it a sparkly finish.. is it me or is this the only finish ibanez make for the 7 string xiphos??
thx :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
EDIT:Reread it a few times, now I think I understand it.

Anyway, I think sparkle finishes are fucking metal.:hbang:

Ever seen a sparkle purple finish guitar? That's one of the most metal of them all!

cafadeon

\m/(..)\m/
Reaction score
EDIT:Reread it a few times, now I think I understand it.

Anyway, I think sparkle finishes are fucking metal.:hbang:

Ever seen a sparkle purple finish guitar? That's one of the most metal of them all!

no it is not actually, hence my poor grammar :yesway:

uni777

Reaction score
If this doesn't look METAL I do not know what will...
DSCF8397.jpg

cafadeon

\m/(..)\m/
Reaction score
If this doesn't look METAL I do not know what will...
DSCF8397.jpg
that does actually look niice, i need to c one in real life, is it me or is that an extra switch in place of the tone? killswitch? that wouldent be stock?:metal:

Meshugger

Reaction score
^That one is modified. Not only the killswitch, but every Xiphos 7 has a hardtail as well.

As an Xiphos 7 owner myself, i can assure you that it only sparkles slightly under direct sunlight. Most of the time it is dark gray, and while highlighted it jumps between green and red depending on how you turn it. I just have to add that the neck is extremely comfortable for fast playing. Neck-thru, 19mm thick at first fret and 21mm at the 12th. The radius is 400mm.

Frey

Reaction score
The Xiphos 7 only comes in gray chameleon. However I can honestly say having owned one that there is no way to capture the true characteristics of the finish in a photo.

uni777

Reaction score
that does actually look niice, i need to c one in real life, is it me or is that an extra switch in place of the tone? killswitch? that wouldent be stock?:metal:

It switches the neck pup from series to single to parallel.

The color is more greenish than grey irl. And it does not change color like the red/green 6 string. The sparkle is subtle.

Tysonimmortal

Beers and Gear
Reaction score
In person, that finish mostly looks black anyway. Unless you are standing outside in the sun with it. Which may or may not be metal...

')