Ibanez Xiphos 7 string question

uni777

Reaction score
Never said the Xiphos was the ultimate metal axe. Just that it is unmistakably a metal axe.
I'll Raise Your metal one Ultimatetron

Never was that fond of the stealth shape. I've seen a lot and the shape varies a lot even between the old handmades. Even more so with the imports. That is really a bc rich thing. There is littlle consistency in keeping the designs right. The Rizzo seems a very good one.
Did you move the strap pins for better balance?

To ME the ironbird is the ultimate metal shape. The mark-I shape that is. Not the Class-axe redesigned one.
BRDS.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Warchest1

Reaction score
I think the sparkle should be the least of your worries, there are fucking hello kitty guitars to christ sakes.

uni777

Reaction score
i'd be more worried about my peen when i sat down to play. that's treacherous.
don't be...
It's not lethal. Actually it plays very comfy in "classical" position. To me more so than strat shapes.

cafadeon

\m/(..)\m/
Reaction score
don't be...
It's not lethal. Actually it plays very comfy in "classical" position. To me more so than strat shapes.
kool, my only other concern is how it is balanced, a lot of ppl are saying u have to move the strap buttons, is it really needed?

uni777

Reaction score
kool, my only other concern is how it is balanced, a lot of ppl are saying u have to move the strap buttons, is it really needed?

Haha mine came with the holes drilled but no strap pins...:scratch:

The balance is crap the way it originally was.
I placed them the way a Jackson warrior has them and now it balances very well.
I found that the trick was to have the strap like on a strat only the strap pin would be on the inside of the upper horn. That way the guitar is lifted up by the strap.
I'll try to make a pic to illustrate.

uni777

Reaction score
when you do, Drill a hole with a small drill and if needed repeat with a bigger one. Clean up the edges of the hole. I do not know the english word for it but like this:

_________ _________
\ /
| |

So you kinda bevel the inside of the drilled hole.
The paint on these is like glass. It damages very easyly.
If you do not do this chips will break of when screwing in the pin.

*edit* what i tried to "draw" doesn't work but you'll catch my drift i suppose....

uni777

Reaction score
One of these day i am gonna buy me one of those, put a floyd on it, add a super distortion and tune it to C#.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Never said the Xiphos was the ultimate metal axe. Just that it is unmistakably a metal axe.

Never was that fond of the stealth shape. I've seen a lot and the shape varies a lot even between the old handmades. Even more so with the imports. That is really a bc rich thing. There is littlle consistency in keeping the designs right. The Rizzo seems a very good one.
Did you move the strap pins for better balance?

To ME the ironbird is the ultimate metal shape. The mark-I shape that is. Not the Class-axe redesigned one.
BRDS.jpg

If the Rizzo were an Ironbird I would be MUCH happier ;)

TooleralusAEnima

Reaction score
that does actually look niice, i need to c one in real life, is it me or is that an extra switch in place of the tone? killswitch? that wouldent be stock?:metal:

hey cafadeon, is that the regular Ibanez 7 string Xiphos? It originally has a custom gibraltar bridge but you just switched it out with an edge tremolo bridge

Latest posts

')