Ibanez Xiphos question

• Thread starter xDarkCrisisx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xDarkCrisisx

Reaction score
So i've been really digging the Xiphos body shape and with me getting my tax return i'd love to pick one up. Now I'm not into the new one, i'd never need 27 frets so i'm looking to pick up a used XPT700, maybe the 700FX. So i'm looking to find out how this guitar plays, feels etc. I've heard some of them dive pretty bad. Any input on the matter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
So i've been really digging the Xiphos body shape and with me getting my tax return i'd love to pick one up. Now I'm not into the new one, i'd never need 27 frets so i'm looking to pick up a used XPT700, maybe the 700FX. So i'm looking to find out how this guitar plays, feels etc. I've heard some of them dive pretty bad. Any input on the matter?

I asked the same question a little while ago, the general consensus of opinion seemed to be that the later the guitars with the heavier bevels balanced a bit better.

Reaction score
Ergonomically, I really, really like them. They feel great and as for the dive, a repositioning of the strap button can usually alleviate that.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
You can cope with the dive but the EdgeIII is another matter entirely. I passed on one simply as it was sat in a shop and already showing knife edge wear.

Ze ick.

Misanthropy

Kebab Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used to have one, edge 3 kept in tune okay, need fine tuning every once in a while and well whammy bar usage was out of the question as it made it go out of tune pretty bad.
I disliked the D-activator pickups too,abit too muddy for my liking on the low end sound, but the high notes sounded quite clear and had good harmonics.
My favourite part was the thin neck, felt a dream to shred on,sweep etc.
I ended up selling it as i needed the cash, will most likely get a prestige series later on.

guitar_jon

Reaction score
if you're looking for a 700Fx hit me up. I have a great one I'm looking to part with. Don't get me wrong, it's a wicked guitar. My favourite neck of all ibanez necks. I'm just more of a tremolo guitar. Fixed bridges are not for me.

xDarkCrisisx

Reaction score
if you're looking for a 700Fx hit me up. I have a great one I'm looking to part with. Don't get me wrong, it's a wicked guitar. My favourite neck of all ibanez necks. I'm just more of a tremolo guitar. Fixed bridges are not for me.

I'll PM you so this thread doesn't get moved to the For Sale section.

')