Ibanez's marketting group think we're idiots?

• Thread starter BeyondAntares
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see it as a metal machine if you consider BLS metal. To my ears it's hard rock, but to a mainstream ear it's as metal as it gets.

That being said I loved the feel of the AX7521 at 24.75" so I would definitely not rule this one out if I were in the market for a 7. The 25" scale, while not "extended" per se, is still great for low B.
Still, the Schecter ATX Solo 7 would probably be my pick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
It's extended for an LP/Artist.

Well shit, if only PRS realized they'd been making guitars for low tuned metal mayhem they could have been marketing it on their 25" single cuts this whole time!!!

Poor them.
(The rest of this isn't directed at troy specifically)

This isn't an extended scale, its a short scale instrument they're marketing as extended scale.

To all the people saying 24.75 or 25" is fine for their low tuned stuff, that's great for you! No one said hey were un-usable in that situation! You're still missing the entire point the OP is trying to make.

Here since people for some reason can't read the initial quote properly.

ARZ400T: Short Story of a Long Neck...

One look at the ARZ400T's 25" scale

Where standard scale guitars turn into sonic mush when tuned down to, say, to 'D' or 'C' the longer scaled ARZ400T retains higher tension when tuned down—resulting in tone that is still lively and full of sustain…

Oh hey there gai's, a standard scale guitar is 25.5"! This guitar is 25"! Its a shorter scale length then a standard scale guitar... which means it retains lower tension when tuned down with the same strings.

Kthxbai:flame:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
You're still missing the entire point the OP is trying to make.
Didn't miss the point at all. It was well made and didn't need to be repeated.
I just happen to like the guitar no matter how poor the marketing for it happens to be.
Also, since it's not an ERG and only has 7 strings, it's in the wrong section.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Judging by the posts and the likes a lot of people did miss the point. No one was arguing that you couldn't use a short scale for low tuned stuff or asking if people do like using it etc etc

and a 7 string is an erg technically, but uh... its a 6 string.

Reactions: XEN

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Judging by the posts and the likes a lot of people did miss the point. No one was arguing that you couldn't use a short scale for low tuned stuff or asking if people do like using it etc etc

and a 7 string is an erg technically, but uh... its a 6 string.
True! urklvt literacy fail! :wallbash::lol:
I'm quite socially inept and it's been a busy week at work so I've exceeded my quota. It's makes me even more awkward than I already am! :agreed:

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
Tbh, guitar advertising should never really be listened to. Its just a sea of subjective buzzwords like 'tone' and 'feel' and shite like that. Complete bollocks.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
You guys are over thinking this, it's just bad marketing. They make a big fuss about it being longer scale than most similar Les Paul shaped guitar, but it's by a ridiculously funny .25" :lol: It doesn't go beyond that, bad marketing.

pink freud

Reaction score
Has anybody thought that maybe they simply mistakenly hired Rondo's description writer?

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
Oh hey there gai's, a standard scale guitar is 25.5"! This guitar is 25"! Its a shorter scale length then a standard scale guitar... which means it retains lower tension when tuned down with the same strings.
Kthxbai:flame:

I don't know if it's like that any more, but for a long time 25.5" was known as Long Scale, to differentiate it from 24.75" Standard Scale.

No flames. :cheers:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Fair enough, it might have been that way at one time. As far as my generation I've always known it as standard / fender scale (25.5) and short / gibson scale (24.75)

Then a lot of people would refer to 25" as prs scale, 27" as baritone. Everything else is usually just referred to by scale.

EJA

Reaction score
It's very simple.

A teenager can't play his favorite songs by a band that tunes to drop D or C (which is what's mentioned in the ad).

Instead of working hard and practicing at the craft, they turn to the internet for a reason as to why it's not "working".

Here is Ibanez's answer: "You don't have our guitar! That's why you can't play Lamb of God!"

I have a student who's into metal and for awhile he was only playing on a Fender squire.

He was CONVINCED that the reason why he couldn't get the sound he heard in his head was due to the guitar.

So convinced that if I'd borrow his guitar to show the pinched harmonic in Laid to Rest is certainly possible, as well as the metal 'sound', but he still didn't get it.

Instead of being patient, practicing, etc. He went out and bought a new guitar. He still can't do the things he wants to and consistently asks me why it doesn't work for him.

From other students I've heard similar things:
"I don't do alternate picking cause I can't get it to sound good"
"The neck pickup helps me shred better"

This is very typical amongst young guitar players. They think there's a secret, or a button to push, or something. This ad plays into that--it's not fair. But telling them to practice and learn won't make them money...so there ya go!

Demiurge

Reaction score
This is very typical amongst young guitar players. They think there's a secret, or a button to push, or something. This ad plays into that--it's not fair. But telling them to practice and learn won't make them money...so there ya go!

So true. Hell, I've been playing for 16 years and still catch myself in that kind of "magical thinking" every so often.

EJA

Reaction score
Oh absolutely! I think we all do. But for young kids starting out, its hard to realize that's what's going on.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Well shit, if only PRS realized they'd been making guitars for low tuned metal mayhem they could have been marketing it on their 25" single cuts this whole time!!!

They're actually 24.5" inches!!!! :eek::eek::eek: (The doublecuts are 25" inches.)

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
It depends on the model, all of the se's are 25" but stuff like the starla and the more vintage looking ones are 24.5

NOW FIND ME A CHEAP PACKET SOY SAUCE IN A BOTTLE. :wub:

troyguitar

Reaction score

We have plenty of those sentiments around here too...

"You need a 30" scale, BKP's, 4 compressors, 3 noisegates, a tubescreamer, and a $2000+ tube amp for teh djentz!"

')